Wheels and Snow Tires

Charlie in London

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum - hello all. I picked up my new to me A4 Avant 252bhp Quattro yesterday. Very exciting!

I've got 3 questions that maybe someone knows the answer to.

1. The car came with 19" wheels which make the ride quite hard. Has anyone got 18" or 17" wheels and does it make a big difference?

2. If it does make a differences, does anyone want to swap their 17" or 18" wheels for my 19" set?

3. I want to get a new set of wheels with snow tires. I know the car is a B9 but can I put wheels on the car from a previous variant? And what are the wheel dimensions I need to look out for?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Charlie

I've got the optional extra 18s on mine. Ride is flawless imo. Sporty enough but also very comfortable

Congrats on the (quite rare) car! Be sure to get some pics up.

Thanks all. I'll put some photos of my wheels up later.

If I was going to buy new wheels for my snow tires, which retailer would people recommend?

Charlie

If you want OEM then eBay is probably cheapest.

Try and find some 17' original wheels on eBay maybe ? (If they clear the calipers)

Brands? When I say OEM I mean genuine Audi supplied wheels, not replicas of Audi designed wheels.

Hi Charlie,

Not wheel related as per your thread but hope you don’t mind me asking about your new car?

I’m considering the same model, how do you find it and what did you come from? I haven’t had a chance to ask any owners as there’s not many about!

What options does your car have and other than the wheels, anything you wish yours did or didn’t have?

BR,

Jon

Jon,

I've just got 17" wheels with Yokohama winter tyres from lkperformance.co.uk. Going to pick them up now. Hope they fit!!

Yes, it's a luxurious car. Lots of talk about electric engines and restrictions coming, so it's my automotive swansong!

I wanted a Quattro for skiing. Winter Tyres too, hence my question. It's a very fast car but softer, I imagine, than the RS. Discrete. Big enough for us now are 3 children are leaving home. Bought off an Audi dealer in Hyde. There are not many about 2nd hand, so had to spend a day to go and get it.

Not many extras. No driver assists which I now (having had a hire car with loads of them) realise distract me more than help me!

What do I wish it had?
- Comfort suspension
- Memory seats
- Matrix Lights
- less than 19" wheels (Hard ride AND, if you live in a city, will get scuffed on curbs!!!!!!!!!)
- A way to turn off the tail lift button on the key fob. I found the boot open last week!

Charlie

Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

Hope your new wheels fit, I’ll take a look at them as it’s something I’ll want too.

I wonder if there’s a plastic key fob cover which requires a hard press to open the boot? Similar issue with BMW and people finding their windows open after a long accidental press on the button!