1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wheels and coilovers fitted at last!!!

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by stapo69, May 7, 2007.

1. stapo69

stapo69 All hail the mighty quattro!

[May 7, 2007]
    Well one decent days work and it's finally lookin loads better, fairly easy job in the end, just setting the height took some time.

FK kindly make their coilovers in noggy blue, or near enough, nice of em!

[​IMG]

Well we started with this....

[​IMG]

4X4!!!!

Then the front went down, 1st time off the jacks was judged a little wrong! Looked awesome though, still drove, and had full lock with no scrubbing! All be it movin fairly slow!

[​IMG]

Then a little fun! Drag stylee!

[​IMG]

Then finally level, ish... I'll be checking it all again in a week or so.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have to say the car's been transformed, handles so so much better now, took it for a "spirited drive" down some local back roads and there's bugger all scrubbing, still has all the liners and no arch rolling, will go 4 people up easily. Was well chuffed. Look awesome now. As for the FKs, a bargain! Fit was excellent, really well built and really not too stiff at all to live with day to day. Recommend em to anyone.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 27, 2014]

3. JayB5UK

JayB5UK Member

[May 7, 2007]
    Very nice!
  4. joost

joost Active Member

[May 7, 2007]
    Lookin good! :thumbsup:
  5. Baker21

Baker21 OEM+ A4 Avant

[May 7, 2007]
    Looks nice mate....

Reckon you should drop the front a little more though?!?!?
  6. Randomjim

Randomjim Active Member

[May 7, 2007]
    Looking good, reckon you could get away with a few more cm's at the front.
  7. Markey

Markey Active Member

[May 7, 2007]
    Very nice dont go too mad just yet as they need a few hundred miles to settle in so it still might drop...

Whats the ride like do you feel every bump or is it still easy to live with if your doing a fair bit of driving. :)
  8. stapo69

[May 8, 2007]
    The ride is actually pretty comfy, god job cos the roads round my way are shocking! can live with it just fine, no worse than lowering springs, but the handling is so much better.

As for the height, I agree it is a little high, thing is we'd been winding those spanners up and down for hours trying to get it level, couldn't be arsed any longer! but they've only just gone on so will settle down a bit over the next few months, plus it still has all the liners in and doesn't scrub and still remains very usable, I've had real low cars before and they may look good but it can become a pain in the arse, speed bumps, multi storey car parks, bottoming out, can't enjoy it as much, plus why have a car that big which won't carry a full load of passengers.

I'll see how it goes over the next few months, I may change my mind!
  9. ZeroK66

ZeroK66 Member

[May 14, 2007]
    I hope you have done the anti-roll bars at the same time? These by far improve handling more than any coilovers do.

Here is a pic of my car the way it was originally, I have raised it slightly at the rear. I did have it scrubbing on the front, turns out its my front shocks are a little knackered, so I am looking to get some coilovers soon to replace my existing ones. if you are anywhere near the southwest (or santapod this weekend!!) we should get together and compare :p

[​IMG]
  10. stapo69

[May 14, 2007]
    I'll be at santapod this weekend, the 20th, ARBs coming soon hopefully, hopefully catch up then Zerok66. Be good to see yours run, looks nice, bet it goes like fook too!