1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wheel/tyre/damage/refurbishment issues

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by steve184, Sep 29, 2009.

1. steve184

steve184 Active Member

[Sep 29, 2009]
    Hi all,

Following on from some previous threads (started new thread as old thread headers don't suit anymore)

After having three wheels damaged after having two new tyres fitted and a puncture repaired, have today had had the wheels delivered back to me, refurbished.

I'm at a loss as what to do now as they have come back and they are absolutely awful. They have a lot of orange peel so hardly any shine/gleam, colour off from original colour, flaws in paint, dust, spec, etc - just awful - and they expect me to accept them. For the sake of fullness - beforehand they were flawless originals, no scuffs (ever) never repaired, completely factory original.

I originally asked for new wheels because i suspected that no wheel refurbishment could come up to the standard of a brand new wheel and looks like i was indeed correct.

What should I do? So far I have refused to accept them back and i now have my car sat on my drive on axle stands!!!! :(
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 28, 2014]

3. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

[Sep 29, 2009]
    Sounds to me like they've used the cheapest refurb place they could find.

dont be put off by a refurb though, because decent companies turn out some great finishes.

For example..

[​IMG]

I'd refuse them back and tell them the standard of finish is far below what you expect and you want them done again.

T
  4. steve184

steve184 Active Member

[Sep 29, 2009]
    damn - i've posted in wrong section - should be the 8p section - can anyone move this thread?

cheers