Wheel Spacers-A3 T

A3_Turbo

Swaying towards IHI....
Reaction score
Hi there i have a set of Fuel 5 Black/Chrome 18" on my A3 T.

Want to fit some Spacers soon, would 20mm all round look really wide from the rear? Wanting a wide stance if thats possible on an A3?

Just wondered if any-one knew what the max i could space my wheels at? I cant find the ET of my wheels on the net maybe some-one could help?

Many thanks

Oh i see,

Its just judging by the way they sit now they look quite narrow which is why i thought id get away with 20mm?

Is there any-way to check the size of the wheels?

Jason

Oh ok then, I'll have to whip the wheel off and have a look then.

Just want it as wide as possible really!

Jason

Seriously guys, i wouldnt suggest anyone gives Jason any advice on spacers until you see his car in the flesh.

He has an 8x18'' wheel, of unknown offset, and the outer face is at LEAST 20mm further inboard than my 7.5x17'' ET 32 TT wheel.

From comparing his to mine, and allowing for the effect of rim width on offset, I would guess his wheels are around ET 48. Having done a quick search I cant find it anywhere on google.

20mm probably wouldnt look silly on yours at all jason :S

Yeah i know very narrow arnt they,

I'll get the wheel off and have a look any-way though.

20mm all round it is then.....

The thing is Jas, if you go the same spacing at each end, you are still going to have the 'over arched' look at the back, as they will be the same relative to each other.

The problem on the A3 is that the front track fills the arches much better than the back, so the rear needs to be spaced MORE than the front.

Also, with your car being so low, i would be surprised if it wasnt rubbing already.

if you space the fronts 20mm, you will get loads of rubbing i would think.

Personally, I would look at perhaps 8-10mm at the front and 20mm at the back.

Try and get 3 big mates to jump in the back of the car, so the wheels go right up into the arches, then measure up just how much space you have to bring the wheels outboard

Thats what I need to do So I can figure out what size spacers I need.