1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wheel spacer question

stapo69 Oct 4, 2008

1. stapo69

stapo69 All hail the mighty quattro!

Hello peeps. Any of you guys running 5mm spacers? Question is did you use the standard wheel bolts? Are they long enough?

I currently run 15mm, with extended 45mm wheel bolts cos they were obviously needed. But now I'm changing rims all the longer bolts I have are the tapered seat type. But the new wheels I have take the radius type, so the only bolts I have lying around are the originals.

Also where did you guys get them? My 15mm are h&r hubcentrics, good quality, butobviously 5mm aren't gonna be hubcentric so can I get away with just a cheap set off fleabay? Seen em for £10 for 4.

Anyone? Ta in advance.

2. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

I'd say get longer ones, the bolts are that length for a reason and 5mm shorter isn't within the tolerance.

Damian @ DPM

3. olds_kool

olds_kool Active Member VCDS Map User

had 5mm hubcentric on my quattro before changing tyre size, by hubcentric i mean the hole for the hub was a tight fit and holes for bolts were spaced at 112
    fitted to front ok but thread for the bolts to go into on rears started further in and only managed a couple of turns

4. stapo69

stapo69 All hail the mighty quattro!

Where'd you get the spacers from?

5. olds_kool

olds_kool Active Member VCDS Map User