Wheel Sealant

Grant_A3

Reaction score
Hi guys, as the cold weathers coming I want something to put on my alloys to try and protect them a bit & I don't have enough money to buy some winter wheels sadly. :(

The alloys are Matte/Satin black. They are here > Calibre Rapide (Matt Black) Alloy Wheels (Alloys) - Rimstyle.com

I aren't the biggest fan of these alloys but they came with the car when I purchased it so I aren't going to complain as I think they look better than standard S line ones anyway. So what would you experts recommend to stop them getting ruined through the winter?

Any help much appreciated, thanks.

Poorboys Wheel Sealant!

These are my Satin black rims just freshly coated!

E77095F5-98A9-4111-A479-A8AC58E9006F-10262-0000084DC77B7277_zps6f25f288.jpg

Reactions: shariain and ex911driver
As JoJo said......Bilberry wheel sealant (which I stock too) or have a look at SlickRims.......expensive but going by the reviews well worth it as you only need to seal them once and thats it done.

Thanks guys, going to order some later and hopefully have it done by the weekend!

As JoJo said......Bilberry wheel sealant (which I stock too) or have a look at SlickRims.......expensive but going by the reviews well worth it as you only need to seal them once and thats it done.

How long is this expected to last, I'm going to get my rims reconned in the new year and what to seal them with something long lasting.

Bilberry wheel wax lasts quite a while but all dependant on how often you wash your car really. Same as SlickRims too. Look for about afew months and then re-apply.

Got round to doing them at the weekend! :D Just wish I bought some decent wheel cleaning products and some Iron X before hand, didn't realise how dirty they were before I took them off to give them a decent clean!

If I put Iron X on the now will it get rid of the sealant?

Some photos during and after.

Thought that space saver wheel looked like a bike wheel! ;D

Reactions: jojo
IronX mostly definitely will affect your sealant.

Thou after you have IronX at least the sealant will adhere to the surface a lot better and last longer. As its bonding with a cleaner surface.

IronX mostly definitely will affect your sealant.

Thou after you have IronX at least the sealant will adhere to the surface a lot better and last longer. As its bonding with a cleaner surface.

Good point but it means resealing them!

Might get some in a month or two and re do them. :)