1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wheel repaired

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by beerglass, Jan 11, 2007.

1. beerglass

beerglass Member

I picked up my 8 month old S-line this week and today noticed the 2 front wheels have been repaired and resprayed by Audi.

I got the car from an Audi dealer.

Where do I stand with these wheels if they start flaking paint in a few years time?

They could turn round and say sorry but these wheel are not covered on the warranty because they have been repaired. I cant prove that I didnt damage them myself.
  2. d3fy

d3fy Active Member

They would not be covered anyway like most things on the car, they would say it was wear and tear. Get the dealer you bought it from to warranty the work in writing, or just accept that laquer may fall off after a year (like mine, thanks Wicked Wheels) and you will have to find a good wheel refurb company (Not Wicked Wheels/ Prestige Wheels)
  3. Vertigo1

Vertigo1 Well-Known Member

Were they like that when you bought the car?
  4. steve184

steve184 Active Member

which is why i hate having any sort of paintwork done on a car (including wheels) cos it never lasts as well as factory :-(
  5. cdb2

cdb2 Member

If you'd have paid for the work, the work would have been covered under warranty by Audi if the work was done by Audi.

Presumably if they have done it it should be covered until your 3yr warranty runs out?