1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wheel problem

petewon Jun 8, 2005

1. petewon

petewon Member

Hi folks, got a bit of a problem with my A3. I just fitted some RS4 alloys yesterday everything seemed fine, did about 15 mile no probs, I got in the car this lunch time stuck it in reverse and it reversed about a yard then just stopped as if there was a big brick behind the back wheels or something. I got out and had to rock it back and forwards to get it to reverse past the point it was stuck. It just seemed like the back wheels were locked. I reckon its probably to do with the new wheels being fitted as I havn't had any problems before that. Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

hope to god you didn't use bolts that were too long or not enough spacers to clear something. sounds nasty, good luck getting it sorted!

3. petewon

petewon Member

I didnt use any spacers as the clearance looked fine. Im gonna check it over again properly when I get home.

Its a bit wierd because after eventualy geeting it to reverse from where it was parked I reversed it a few more times on the way back to work and it was fine.