1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wheel Paint/Finish for curbing repair

Discussion in 'RS3 Forum' started by HeliRS3, Dec 19, 2012.

1. HeliRS3

HeliRS3 New Member

[Dec 19, 2012]
    Hey guys,

Question - I'm on the standard 19" x 8J '5 Arm Rotor' with Titanium finish, and I'm gutted to say I slightly curbed one of the front wheels last night. It's fairly minor so I'm going to repair myself...

Does anyone know the rim finish on these wheels? Is it protected? What kind of finishing paint due Audi use, if any? It's right on the edge of the rim, next to tyre. Any info really appreciated. Cheers.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. Moschops

Moschops Active Member

[Dec 19, 2012]
    Heli,

I've just had one of mine refurbed. The edge is just diamond cut with a thick coat of laquer over the top. I've no idea of any paint codes etc. They are tricky to repair yourself. :think:

Hope this helps :arco:
  4. CarrG

CarrG Member

[Dec 20, 2012]
    Yeah how will you repair it?

Do you have a lathe?
  5. 45bvtc

45bvtc Well-Known Member

[Dec 20, 2012]
    The finish is a clear acrylic powder lacquer that has to be oven-cured.

I've recently had three sets of Audi alloy wheels re-furbished by JP Alloys in Cannock (local for me) two of which were diamond-cut and were returned in a first class condition.

And this may help: in the New Year JP Alloys are planning to offer a collect and return service, providing a suitable container for each-way transportation of the wheel and tyre, and returned with the wheel and tyre balanced and ready to re-fit; check with JP Alloys for delivery times and costs.