1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wheel Offset

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by rjm180, May 23, 2012.

1. rjm180

rjm180 Member

If I have 2 different style alloys on the same side of the car, same sizes, tyres, width, et value, everything the same but just a different style, will the tyres be running parallel to each other.

Basically , regardless of style as long as all values the same and et the same, this would run fine.

Thanks
  2. StuG808

StuG808 1.9tdi130 Avant FailWheelDrive

Yes. What are you planning? Something different on the back than to the front? The only thing that comes to mind would be having two different weights of wheel on the same axle, the different unsprung weights messing around with the handling, wouldn't be recommended
  3. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Just about to answer your PM Ryan. From what you've said the ET is the same between the wheels, it's just one has spokes which look aesthetically different to the others? If so, then as long as the ET is the same, the wheel will run the same trackwise etc, it just will look different (to the eagle eyed?) than the others.
  4. rjm180

rjm180 Member

Ok Thanks guys.

Stu, Good point about the weight, hadnt thought about that. I just have a bit of a temp problem, until i can find another rim the same, I have 3 exactly the same and one ever so slightly different. Same type of style though and i would have thought the weights would be almost identical.

James, can you believe the situation. LOL.