Wheel offset question

RichMk3

Reaction score
Hi chaps, I know this has probably been asked a million times before, but I can't find exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm about to order a set of 8.5x19" rims with 235/35/19" tyres for my 2006 Avant. I need to know what size offset to order so I can just bolt them on without spacers, they must be able to clear the 320mm front brakes with S4 sized calipers.

Thanks guys.

ET35 will sit nicely in the arches but it all depends on what style you are going for as a few people of late have had a few problems with fitment of alloys and brakes, haven't they @Just Rob. @tony mc

Reactions: DrStrange and Charlie Farley
ET35 will sit nicely in the arches but it all depends on what style you are going for as a few people of late have had a few problems with fitment of alloys and brakes, haven't they @Just Rob. @tony mc

yeh haven't i mate, i had 19 8.5j et35 rotors with the concave spokes and now i have big brakes they wont go on, but my calipers are brembo so ??? i think Rob has the 320 brakes, you should ask him to be sure Rich mate

Reactions: Charlie Farley
ET35 will be fine with standard calipers. The Brembo calipers don't give you as much room between the spokes of a wheel and the caliper face. I have team dynamics 18 x 8 ET35 on mine with the Brembo calipers and they fit with about 4mm clearance between the spokes ands the caliper.

ET35 will be fine with standard calipers. The Brembo calipers don't give you as much room between the spokes of a wheel and the caliper face. I have team dynamics 18 x 8 ET35 on mine with the Brembo calipers and they fit with about 4mm clearance between the spokes ands the caliper.

what calipers are yours desertstorm, i've got the 1LE's and they are wide, i want 19's on and i'm struggling to find some i like that will go over the brembo's ok

Looks like it maybe easier getting 17z calipers and selling yours on Tony

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dont be saying stuff like that Carl, i'll be buying more stuff for the car, still need to get my sachs clutch ordered

IMHO it would be easier doing the calipers than trying different wheels....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

maybe it is mate, but i'm so close to getting a set that'll fit over i dont want to give up now lol

eeeerrrr , me with a rim problem, never carl...lol , I just like fine tuning........haha

yeh haven't i mate, i had 19 8.5j et35 rotors with the concave spokes and now i have big brakes they wont go on, but my calipers are brembo so ??? i think Rob has the 320 brakes, you should ask him to be sure Rich mate

Yep, I know all about ET35 , rims 18" or 19" and fitting with those 320 brakes.....not all ET35's will work, in theory they should but in reality they maynot.
its all down to rim style and pattern etc, concave or convex , what rims do you have in mind.

yeh mate, think they gonna be the one's. taking with bola at the moment to sort something out

oooh , some nice alloys from them tony, I'm almost reaching for my wallet now, I must control myself....

show us what you get tony ....

don't worry Rob you lot will be informed lol, check the other thread mate "any one know" there's a crappy sample pic me mate knocked up to kind of see what they'll look like.

ah yes, saw them the other day, nice rims in that pic tony, i'd prefer them a bit lighter in color than black etc, maybe graphite or gunmetal etc, nice rims all the same...

sorry tony , they are not black, blame my eyesight again, everyone else does...lol

Reactions: tony mc
Thanks for all your input chaps.

I ordered my wheels today, 8.5x19 et35 BBS LM's with 235/35's - I know they have been done to death on the b7, but I've always wanted a set and I think they suit the avant perfectly. Just hope they fit!

glad your all sort chap, don't forget piccy's when they are on....we all love piccy's

Im on 19x9's OEM S5 Peelers with ET33 ! Love them..

This is not my car (havent taken one of mine yet) but is 100% exactly like mine. Tyres are also 235/19/35

S5 peelers b6   Google Search

Oh I just love wheels... Couldn't get the rims in et35, closest I could get were 8.5x19 et42. These will not clear the brakes by a country mile and had to fit 15mm spacers to get them on. Coilovers are now on order as it's sitting much to high at the front.

Reactions: DrStrange
Anyone can help me too ? I don't want to start a new thread for this .

So , I have an 2005 B7 2.0 TFSI Avant and I want to use RS6 oem wheels 9.5x20 Et 36 will they fit? I have Bilstein B8 with HR springs for now ,later i will get some coilovers .Thanks in advance

Anyone can help me too ? I don't want to start a new thread for this .

So , I have an 2005 B7 2.0 TFSI Avant and I want to use RS6 oem wheels 9.5x20 Et 36 will they fit? I have Bilstein B8 with HR springs for now ,later i will get some coilovers .Thanks in advance

Hi I am pretty sure someone more qualified will confirm but im almost certain this fitment will be fine!

I ran 20's but with 9inch wide wheels ET35. There are also B7's running a massive 20x10's too!

However my opinion would be that the it will be really uncomfrotable because you will have to run (well, not have to but you know what i mean) 30profile tyres and for the UK, its shocking!

Hope this helps

Hi I am pretty sure someone more qualified will confirm but im almost certain this fitment will be fine!

I ran 20's but with 9inch wide wheels ET35. There are also B7's running a massive 20x10's too!

However my opinion would be that the it will be really uncomfrotable because you will have to run (well, not have to but you know what i mean) 30profile tyres and for the UK, its shocking!

Hope this helps

Thanks for the help , well 30 on tyre profile it's not that bad :) I live in Spain and the roads here are ok , how does the steering feel like having 9 ? I was thinking that 9.5 can be a little bit to much

Thanks for the help , well 30 on tyre profile it's not that bad :) I live in Spain and the roads here are ok , how does the steering feel like having 9 ? I was thinking that 9.5 can be a little bit to much

Anytime. Yes in warmer climates like Spain and with better roads a 30 profile is fine. After all, some Bmw's are 30 profile from factory (on 19's) so its not too bad given the right conditions.

Learn from me, just factor in the weight of a 20inch wheel is very heavy!

9inch wide wheels feels fine..good infact and little to no difference over the stock 7.5inch.

If you want to ultimate 'stance' I have to say 9.5 looks amazing. A couple of guys run 9.5 on here and most look...:hubbahubba:

So managed to fit the rims and the coilovers after much struggling. Only problem is having to run 15mm spacers on the front to clear the brakes is far from ideal and stopping me from getting it any lower.

Next up will be sorting the brakes for something bigger and narrower to allow me to bin the spacers off and get it a little lower.

IMAG0260

nice rims, what offset are they chap, I know you say your having issues with the fronts with 15mm spacers being too much but what spacers are on the rears , those rear rims look a bit to far inwards chap , maybe an illusion from the pic , or maybe the combination of the fronts being a little too far out and the rears being a bit inward making the pic look uneven.

The rims are 8.5" et42 but with the spacers it takes them to et27. Where I dropped a ******* when looking at what would fit was not taking into account the dish on the rim which eats into brake caliper clearance. It's a bit of a moot point thou really, as I've always wanted these style rims on a b7 and I'm gonna make it work.

I think I've found the perfect array of brake parts to make it work without the spacers, but I don't want the costs getting out of hand!

The rims are 8.5" et42 but with the spacers it takes them to et27. Where I dropped a ******* when looking at what would fit was not taking into account the dish on the rim which eats into brake caliper clearance. It's a bit of a moot point thou really, as I've always wanted these style rims on a b7 and I'm gonna make it work.

I think I've found the perfect array of brake parts to make it work without the spacers, but I don't want the costs getting out of hand!
good luck with keeping the costs down mate i done mine as cheap as i could and i was still in for around £600

keeping cost's down with audi B7 project's , well good luck with that plan then , I haven't been able to keep any project down to a sensible cost , they start off on budget then it all just goes pete tong...lol

Yeah, that's not too bad, I was thinking around the 6-£700 Mark.

What did you go for on yours Tony?

When you get a min, would you be able to measure the distance from the disc face to the outside edge of the caliper nearest the wheel spokes for me please?

I'm going to start a thread on what I have planned for mine when I get on my laptop.

best i can do without taking a wheel off mate
20170121 110725

20170121 110900

20170121 111146

Reactions: RichMk3
Any Pics Tony of the car with them bad boy brakes on? Personally I reckon the B7 avant looks stunning with beefy brakes.

Only with my standard s line wheels on I'll post em up when i get back home