1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wheel nut caps

southylad Mar 6, 2013

1. southylad

southylad Active Member

i have a few of my plastic nut caps missing so i ordered a full set off ebay oem caps from lincoln audi but i tried to fit them and cant push them on i expected them to be tighter than the old ones but not this tight i contacted them and they say they are all the same size but to get one on i had to bang it on and nearly broke the removing tool trying to remove it , so i didnt want to force any more on , can anyone tell me if this is correct?

2. MrLapou

MrLapou Well-Known Member

Try firstly putting them in a bucket of warm/hot water, then spray insides with silicone before pushing them on.

3. southylad

southylad Active Member

i did try silicone lube but i will try them in hot water at the weekend cheers

4. southylad

southylad Active Member

cheers for that, i see your in lincoln mate my a3 was supplied and serviced from new by lincoln audi

5. adey1

adey1 Member

be interested to know how you get on brought a set of these myself from lincoln audi for my summer wheels i brought my a3 convertible from them as well had great service and a good price

6. southylad

southylad Active Member

fitted today just dropped them in a jug of boiling water fished out one at a time they pushed on great cheers

7. monopole

monopole Well-Known Member

May be interesting trying to get them back off with the plastic grip, have you tried now they've cooled?

Boydie likes this.
  8. MrLapou

MrLapou Well-Known Member

If a prob, use a hair dryer first. I reckon over time the plastic will free up.

Tried buying a used car from Lincoln Audi, but the sales Director was an arrogant sod who thought his derisory trade in offer was the dogs balls! God I do hate main dealers for their attitude and lies!

If I need superb serivce, I use Just Audi on Outer Circle Rd.

9. Boydie

Boydie S3 8V DSG VCDS Map User

Will you carry a hair dryer in the car if you get a flat in the middle of the country side? lol