1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wheel inserts wanted

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by imported_bearboy, Aug 19, 2004.

1. imported_bearboy

imported_bearboy Guest

Hi,

I'm after some inserts for my alloys as the previous owner decided to put alloy cleaner on them. This has caused them to melt/bubble as they are plastic.

They are the same as the ones in this photo.

Don't really want to go to a stealer though as I guess they'll be overpriced.

BB
  2. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Hey BB, you can have my old ones if you want, I was gonna chuck them out as they are hideous, OEM caps make a huge difference to the overall wheel.
    My wheels are Rochford reps, so no guarantee they'll fit, but the OEM caps fitted ok with a quick trim to the fins on the back.
    Let me know if you want them?
  3. AndyMac

Also the OEM caps don't perish with wheel cleaner.
    Total rip off at £17 each, but worth saving up for.
  4. AndyMac

I trimmed about 5mm off the metal ring so that it isn't constantly trying to push outwards. Mine don't move at all.
  5. imported_bearboy

imported_bearboy Guest

Where can I find OEM inserts? Been looking on the net for a few days now? The pics above look really good.

BB
  6. imported_nmb

imported_nmb Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    AndyMac said:
    I trimmed about 5mm off the metal ring so that it isn't constantly trying to push outwards. Mine don't move at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

will look at that. thx!