Wheel colour

wesmaster

Reaction score
I've got a set of 18" final edition alloys to go on my c5 estate which is light blue metallic. A friend of mine is refurbing them for me at the weekend.
My question is silver or darker?
Thoughts please...

Personally I like darker rims but not all black. For a light blue though, I'm not so sure. Probably either a dark "titanium"-look or very bright silver.

(Dang I wish I had the same model of rims as I had on my Citroen but larger, black with five thin double spokes that was machined and clear-coated. Still miss 'em).
Hah, I knew I had the photo somewhere
Xsara
(Yeah I know, I cheated on our beloved manufacturer but it's the only time since I bought my first car in -91)

Last edited:
Thanks for the input, but thinking about it, it's got the alloy roof rails and chrome window edges, I prefer the shadowed but might look out of place.
Looks like I'm going for good old silver.

Update: getting the wheels painted silver as it's not costing me anything, the shadowed chrome looks top, but my mate says it's a lot of money to paint. I'll post pics when done. Might not be until after Xmas, on winters at moment anyway.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390588923403665
Fresh back from powder coating. Fantastic finish on them. Well pleased.

No, got to fit tyres soon, was going to wait until after winter as I have winter tyres at the moment. But the temptation is there.....

Ok James, you won!
Had today off work, got bored so put tyres on alloys and put on the A6. Think I will start saving for some springs though, the front is a little too "Allroad" for my liking!
Ill post pics soon.

Dark Shadow Chrome on my TT South Coast Wheels pro refurb...

Home sprayshop refurb in Audi Black Titanium on the A6...