Wheel bolt help.

Nutrienthorse

Reaction score
Hello! My b6 for some reason came on 17s, which I think are standard on a b8? Anyway they have a weird wheel bolt unlike any locking one I've seen before and I don't have the key/ adapter to get it off. They have 9 lobes around the edge and a gap where the '10th' lobe would be. I was hoping someone may be able to advise me what or where to get the thing to get them off! Also what replacement wheel bolts does everyone use? Thanks in advance!
IMG 4773
IMG 4772

That's the same as the ones on mine, I didn't have the key either. A good quality 18mm socket and knock it on good and tight with a hammer and it'll come off. Wiggle the socket loose before you take the wheel bolt all the way out.

Reactions: Nutrienthorse
Thanks, that sounds simple enough, did you replace yours with new ones? I'm not fussed about having a locking one as my wheels are unlikely to get nicked but new is always nice!

Thanks, that sounds simple enough, did you replace yours with new ones? I'm not fussed about having a locking one as my wheels are unlikely to get nicked but new is always nice!

No I haven't got round to replacing them yet.

Reactions: Nutrienthorse