1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wheel bearing

Rileym May 22, 2013

1. Rileym

Rileym New Member

Hi,

Does anybody know where I can get a wheel bearing from for my 2008 Audi A3? Also roughly what sort of price it will cost.

I have been quoted just over £100 from a garage just for it to be supplied... to me that seems pretty steep! But Im not a mechanic!! So thought it was worth while asking on here!

Cheers

2. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

What price did audi quote you for the part?

3. A3Kent

A3Kent Well-Known Member Team Daytona Audi A3 S-line owners group TDi

I've got a wheel bearing off a 2007 A3 2.0TFSI if you want a used one? It's off the front left (if there is any difference to a rear one?) and was incorrectly replaced by Audi as they diagnosed a DSG gearbox fault as a noisy wheel bearing (cowboys).

4. percymon

percymon Member

www.eurocarparts.com - just type your reg number in - it'll give you an idea if nothing else

Some modern bearings come as a hub unit, rather than just the bearing which adds to the cost :(

5. Rileym

Rileym New Member

Yeah I think you are right! Looking at eurocarparts it is £105, £42 for the labour as well... not too bad I guess!

6. crunchie

crunchie Active Member

I had the n/s/f one changed on my S3 at 21k, cost me £150 from Audi.
    Poor show that they wouldn't stump up some of the cost as it was only just out of warranty :-(

7. Boon

Boon Active Member

Most wheels bearings nowadays are not just a bearing. I know the rears come as a unit that also incorporates the ABS ring/associated parts, after changing one of mine due to a fault with the ABS - nothing wrong with the bearing!

They used to be simples!!!