1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHEEL ARCH SCREW ?

herrmax Oct 3, 2011

1. herrmax

herrmax Member

After putting on the coilovers on at the weekend i now have a bit of rubbing and scraping from the rear passenger side, not often but some times i have read somewhere that there is a screw in the arch that can be removed , i have had a look and the only thing i can find is more like a thread just inside the arch near the rear bumper. is this the "screw" that needs to be removed ? if so do you replace it with anything ??:think:

2. Ads

Ads License to drive

Where the bumper meets the arch there should be a flat head screw.... that's the one that needs to be removed.

As far as I know you don't replace it with anything. The corner of the bumper flaps about a bit if pulled, but other than that its fine with those screws removed, there are plenty of other fixings still holding the bumper in place.

3. TimG

TimG Active Member

There is only one screw that can rub so its kinda obvious. Just errr unscrew it and you'll be fine ;)

4. Ads

Ads License to drive

Nice wheels Tim ;)

5. Farhan

Farhan Active Member

nice wheels ads

6. Ads

Ads License to drive

:lmfao:

Nice engine Farhan.

7. flying oyster

flying oyster flying oyster

its a fat fives love thing and all this from a screw !!

8. Ads

Ads License to drive

Its amazing the love that one or two screws can start.

9. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk Site Sponsor VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A5

are you still talking about cars??

10. flying oyster

flying oyster flying oyster

a hole new meaning to a thread okay il get my coat lol

11. TimG

TimG Active Member

Thanks, you should copy me and get the same ... oh no hang on [​IMG]

Only kidding, just got a build up of jealous hate due to your S line conversion looking so good [​IMG]

12. herrmax

herrmax Member

:think:

13. FranA3

FranA3 events moderator Regional Rep Gold Supporter Audi A3 Team Brill Red

first thing i did when i lowered mine was removed the screw take it out you will be fine

14. Ads

Ads License to drive

:ninja:

Don't hate the player, hate the game. ;)

15. Farhan

Farhan Active Member

as long as we keep it to love and not screw(ing)

16. Ads

Ads License to drive

lol.

This thread got spammed to death! :lmfao:

17. TimG

TimG Active Member

TBF, once someone had pointed out theres only one screw 'take it out' the thread was kinda done anyway [​IMG]

18. FranA3

every now and again i get the front arch catching on what im guessing is the screw only if there is a bump mid corner just wondering should i take it out before i get my 19's or leave it any thoughts ??

19. TimG

TimG Active Member

Take it out anyway. Takes 2 seconds! I took mine out front and rear before I even fitted coilovers as its always been the same on all my lowered VAG cars, you just learn!

20. FranA3

lol yeah good point mate will take it out 2morrow

21. TimG

TimG Active Member

That said I still get the occassional rub through dips on corners even without the screw... which is why Im planning on dropping down to a 215/40 to aid clearance. (and they look a little better with a bit more stretch [​IMG])

What 19's are you getting mate?

22. Rob-Quattro

Rob-Quattro Member

^ what tyres are you running at the moment?

23. TimG

TimG Active Member

225/40

What wheels are on your car in your avatar? Look like Robins old Candy Red speedlines?

24. Rob-Quattro

Rob-Quattro Member

Think thy are. Got them off someone who he sold them to and he couldn't fit them because of airbags.

25. TimG

TimG Active Member

Yeah Jason I assume. He was basically giving them away so you must have got a bargain! Any pics on your ride?

26. Rob-Quattro

Rob-Quattro Member

Non as of yet. Will load some up in the wheel thread tomorrow. Love yours and ads wheels!

27. FranA3

audi TT s-line for the rear and audi A6 s-line wheels for the front , the RS4 style ones in matt titanium grey 9J at the rear and 8.5J on the front , gunna be some proper stance going on then , got one wheels already on the look out for more , im taking my time as im not going to put them on till next year anyway

28. Fivetones

Fivetones Member

Did I hear my name? :)

Yeah I loved those red Speedlines. Surpised Mr. Allen didn't fit them. They were ok on my air equipped car.

On topic: I think the screw at the back is different on the Sportback. There's more arch liner around it too.

29. herrmax

herrmax Member

i'll find out tomorrow and post my findings, by the sounds of things i'm going to find it no problem at all ,