1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wheel arch pics

imported_mustwin1 Aug 2, 2004

1. Managed to finally get some pics of the wheel/arch situation. I wanna lower the baby by 35mm, not sure whether it will be possible /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Rich, sorry i've been slack, I still haven't worked out what the offset of the wheels are, maybe these pics will help, I will know for sure by mid week.

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

2. and more....

3. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

Right,

To me it looks like the offset is too small. You need an ET35 (ET32 absolute minimum). They look like about ET25 to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Rich

4. Thats a bit of a bummer! Can I get the wheels machined down to the correct offset?

5. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Murdoch said:
    Thats a bit of a bummer! Can I get the wheels machined down to the correct offset?

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you taken the wheel off to see i the offest is marked on it?

Rich

6. No i've been slack, I let beer get in the way of productivty this weekend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Will get the correct offsets as soon as possible, mid week latest. Appreciate answering my query is a bit tricky without all the facts and offset figures /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

7. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Is that tyre to arch damage in that second pic of yours?

8. I hope not, the car hasn't moved since the wheels were put on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif At first I was worried about wheel arch rub if I lowered it, now i'm just plain worried /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

9. Bit tricky that though, I sold my golf for a cash + these rims, and I assumed that these would have the correct offset as they are Audi wheels. Obviously I was a little naive, but hey hum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif