1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wheel arch pics

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by imported_mustwin1, Aug 2, 2004.

1. imported_mustwin1

imported_mustwin1 Guest

[Aug 2, 2004]
    Managed to finally get some pics of the wheel/arch situation. I wanna lower the baby by 35mm, not sure whether it will be possible /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Rich, sorry i've been slack, I still haven't worked out what the offset of the wheels are, maybe these pics will help, I will know for sure by mid week.

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. imported_mustwin1

imported_mustwin1 Guest

4. imported_mustwin1

imported_mustwin1 Guest

5. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[Aug 2, 2004]
    Right,

To me it looks like the offset is too small. You need an ET35 (ET32 absolute minimum). They look like about ET25 to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Rich
  6. imported_mustwin1

imported_mustwin1 Guest

[Aug 2, 2004]
    Thats a bit of a bummer! Can I get the wheels machined down to the correct offset?
  7. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[Aug 2, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Murdoch said:
    Thats a bit of a bummer! Can I get the wheels machined down to the correct offset?

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you taken the wheel off to see i the offest is marked on it?

Rich
  8. imported_mustwin1

imported_mustwin1 Guest

[Aug 2, 2004]
    No i've been slack, I let beer get in the way of productivty this weekend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Will get the correct offsets as soon as possible, mid week latest. Appreciate answering my query is a bit tricky without all the facts and offset figures /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
  9. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

[Aug 2, 2004]
    Is that tyre to arch damage in that second pic of yours?
  10. imported_mustwin1

imported_mustwin1 Guest

[Aug 2, 2004]
    I hope not, the car hasn't moved since the wheels were put on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif At first I was worried about wheel arch rub if I lowered it, now i'm just plain worried /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
  11. imported_mustwin1

imported_mustwin1 Guest

[Aug 4, 2004]
    Bit tricky that though, I sold my golf for a cash + these rims, and I assumed that these would have the correct offset as they are Audi wheels. Obviously I was a little naive, but hey hum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif