1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wheel allignment after changing to 18's

kazino21 Feb 14, 2005

1. kazino21

kazino21 Member

Hi guys I have got 18" Zender Monaco cup alloys on my A3 and michelin pilot sport 2 rubber on them. After 2 thousand miles I have began to notice that the inside of the tyre is wearing more than the outside, I'm just wondering what I need to. I have asked a mechanic and he said that I should first try using longer bolts as the I had used the standard bolts that came with the 15" se alloys that the car came with as standard. If that fails then I should take the car to kwikfit or similar and get the allignment sorted. I have not lowered the car as yet but I would like to do this as the car is sitting a tad high and would look much better with a small drop, however I've heard that most people who do this have to get the allignment sorted anyway. So am I better off to just get the lowering springs fitted and put longer bolts and see what happens or what would you guys suggest?

2. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Sounds like your tracking is out mate. Take the car to a garage and get this adjusted before you wreck your tyres. Should cost approx £15 - £20 depending on where you go.

Rich.

3. kazino21

kazino21 Member

Thanks. Will let you know how it goes.