1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wheel Alignment

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by leeds2592, Apr 8, 2013.

1. leeds2592

leeds2592 When I grow up, I want a 964!

Hi all,

So, finally getting the alignment sorted on my A3 after fitting my coilovers. Taking it to a local place that uses the Hunters 4 Wheel Alignment system. This is the first time I've actually had the alignment done properly instead of just having tracking done, so I've a couple of questions.

What sort of figures should I be looking at? My car's my daily so I don't want it set up for being fastest out of the corners on a track.

Below is what S3Alex was running at some point last year when he got his alignment done (hope he doesn't mind me using the photo). Would this be fine for everyday? I just want something that I can take in and say 'This is how I want it.'

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance
  2. leeds2592

Anyone?
  3. Bramley

Bramley Member

Cant change the camber without adjustable arms can you??
    So the main thing youd be looking at is just the toe, so they all want to be pointing forward. Right????
  4. leeds2592

It's just the front camber that needs adjustable arms, the rear can be adjusted, I think.

May just print the above report out and say I want it as close to that as possible. Can't be bad if a 500bhp S3 is running it :racer:
  5. klauster

klauster Well-Known Member

where abouts in Leeds did you take it fella?
  6. danb986

danb986 In awe of VCDS

Surely you're best off just letting them adjust it to the manufacturers recommended settings that they'll have on the system for your chassis?

I could be wrong here, but aren't S3's all quattro's? If yours isn't a quattro then there might be a difference in how it's set up. In which case if yours isn't a quattro (I'm not sure if it is or not) then those settings might be wrong for your car.
    I'm prepared to be corrected here, I'm just guessing at this.
  7. leeds2592

Embarrassingly I'm still yet to get it done. Waiting 'til pay day on 16th and then booking it in at Station Garage at Castleford as that's closest place to me that uses the Hunters system.

Mine isn't quattro, but never thought about that. I'm gonna speak to them when I finally get it booked in anyway, see what sort of specs they say it should have.
  8. smurfworth

smurfworth Well-Known Member

944466_10152016839974552_311031890_n.jpg

Heres mine if it helps, FWD. Not really sure if its good or bad, rear wheels were real cambered tho, This was done about a month after H&R 50mm springs were fitted