Whats your private plate , or what have u seen ??

madalex

S3-less untill December
Reaction score
intrested to know what private number plates u guys have or have seen ???? thanks alex

Well you're getting an S3 so S3 ... is the norm. There's quite a few of those about.

S3 DJO is for sale on ebay right now. It's got a Welsh flag on though...bleurgh!

My first name is Leon and the plate L3ONS is for sale too. Not interested though to be honest.

My dad has a passat and his plate is VW## PAS. That's pretty cool.

cool , yer i dnt like names in plates gotta either b funny or relate to the car or initials , sum thing like s3 wow or s3 wkd would b amazing

Have a sprint blue coming on Sat going to run it on a 57 plate for a few weeks then put my Irish plate on it (other half has Irish plate on her car to match)

DiscoPanda said:
I saw S3 CYA on ebay a couple of months back. Was close to getting that one!

the guy who was selling that is from this forum

I have A5 *** on my S3, really should buy the A5!!

I'm after SAV46E but it's waaaay out of my price range.

SAV+46E.gif

OR

SAV+49E.gif
£17k

My surname is Savage BTW.

I am from northern ireland so 2 digit NI plates are always popular over here

eg VIW 17, LNZ 11 etc..

always wanted A7 or A9 BYD (AJ BOYD my name) but they are no longer for sale :(

I know a bloke who won £250k on the lottery (not that he needed the money) and bought '1P' for his Merc (his name is 'Pang')
£70K (or so he claims,but it seems feasible)
Cha-ching !

MS1 and K1NG were sold for £250,000 and were the most expensive plates for sale on the UK market, these have been exceeded now by a plate for sale at £350,000 but cant find any details of it!

Saw this in London (Chelsea) on a Ferrari spaced out like this:

PI5 OF X

Wonder if he/she was going through a divorce.....?

JamS3 said:
MS1 and K1NG were sold for £250,000 and were the most expensive plates for sale on the UK market, these have been exceeded now by a plate for sale at £350,000 but cant find any details of it!

I think it was K1NGS rather than K1NG.

M1 was sold in 2006 for £330,000.

The dearest in Northern Ireland was BIG 1 for over £100,000. The same dude also bought BIG 2 and BIG 3 for 15000 and 14500 respectively.

He has BIG 1 on a Dodge RAM pickup.

There was also a story doing the rounds about a year ago that Roman Abramovich bought VIP 1 for 285000, but that appears to have been untrue. It had been inroduced by the Irish Government in 1984 to commemorate the Pope's visit to Ireland.

There is BBC 1 on a Rolls knocking around Newcastle, apparently he (a car dealer) has been offered over 250k by you know who for it but said no nah!

I would like to think, even if I had the money, I wouldn't ever buy a plate for that much!

At the nurburgring we saw this:

Nurburgring006.jpg

Can't remember what country he was from though.

As most of you will have already gussed I have H5 DJR on my A3 and my wife has H5 JHR on her Polo. I only have the single christian name so the DJR is for Dave and Jenny Robinson. My Honda 125cc scooter has H5 DRX.

Jenny took her Polo in for a service yesterday and when we collected it and she followed me home I saw a couple of people do a double take at the number plates, not really sure if the seen the same number on two different cars following each other!

grill.gif

Weapon of mass destruction! Ahem, I've actually had someone ask if I was scared of being arrested 'cause of it. :noway:

Really though, there's only 1 of me and my name is Wesley Martin Duxbury. It's the best I could afford :(

i have my full name on mine. W11 YHO bought by my girlfriend :D

i bought H15 RDD as my name is Richard Dean Davies and the H 15 i thought seemed good as in (HI 5) but the first car i put on a friend said why does your car say His Rod? Blind Basxxxd!!!!

Someone near me presumably bought the car (or the plate) as a present for his wife Sue. The plate is XT 05 UEX but has had the spaces realigned to read:
X T0 5UE X
which is a bit cutesy but still clever.

i was down in bournemouth last night and down there i saw a
a black bentley gt continetal with blacked out windows and the reg was P1MPS

motorbikez said:
I've got SPO7BAK on my sportback

Never understood car-specific plates.
Too restrictive.
I know of a blokes who owns CL10.
Looked good on his Williams Clio,but looks crap on his BMW now.
I also know a bloke who bought an 'S40' plate,based on him being loyal to Volvo.
Looked good on his S40 volvos,but looks crap on his Toyota.
S'pose you can sell them like,but still.
Folk get used to seeing 'your' plate,so I'd never buy a car specific one.
My one is B4LFO,coz my surname is Balfour.
It's illegally spaced on the front,legal on the back.
I intend to go illegal back and front on my next car.
Take my chances.

I got R33 YAU as my last name is YAU.

Also got A8 OLO which i had when i had a Polo which i got spaced out as A 8OLO, its on retension now.

I have seen 9LL where the L's where made to look like 1's...........on a 911!

Too restrictive.

I agree. They are supposed to be 'personal' plates after all. Far better to have a plate relevant to you rather than the car.

One of the best plates I've seen was TAX 5 on a bright red Porsche 911 belonging to an accountant.

I also seen PEN1S, also on a Porsche 911.

Whist on holiday in Germany I say a Mercedes with the the number S:EX69 in it's home town of Stuttgart. Also in Germany all the cars registered in Cochem have plates begininning COC:

bowfer said:
Too restrictive.
I know of a blokes who owns CL10.
Looked good on his Williams Clio,but looks crap on his BMW now.
I also know a bloke who bought an 'S40' plate,based on him being loyal to Volvo.
Looked good on his S40 volvos,but looks crap on his Toyota.
S'pose you can sell them like,but still.
Folk get used to seeing 'your' plate,so I'd never buy a car specific one.
My one is B4LFO,coz my surname is Balfour.
It's illegally spaced on the front,legal on the back.
I intend to go illegal back and front on my next car.
Take my chances.

Yeah yawn yawn we've heard your negative comments on this one before bowfer so I,ll respond the way I did before I wouldn't be seen dead with something that nearly spelt my name but you like it so thats OK innit.

motorbikez said:
Yeah yawn yawn we've heard your negative comments on this one before bowfer so I,ll respond the way I did before I wouldn't be seen dead with something that nearly spelt my name but you like it so thats OK innit.

yer i have to agree , i had an option to buy 413X but i wouldnt like the thort of every one knowing my name , would have been nice tho , and yes i will sell s3 wow when i sell the car