Whats your favorite 'bit' of your A3/S3

cappers

Reaction score
We all have little quirky things that make us smile on our car...Sad I know, but we can all admit to something trivial we appreciate. What's yours?

I have two...Strangely my steering wheel. Nothing beats a decent steering wheel. respect.

The other one is the mechanic whooshing sound the hand brake makes when you flip that switch. ( I even wait sometimes for the engine/radio to go off before applying it so I can fully appreciate it)

Over to you.....

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Satory, Rob2k68 and 2 others
Going to be entertained with this thread... Lol...As for me,opening and closing me pano-roof that's about it

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Rob2k68 and pburv
Agree about the steering wheel. I also love the exhaust note with the window down, especially when it makes people turn their heads to look.

Reactions: Satory, S3joey, Zak0123 and 2 others
Two little details I like are - the air vents having the direct airflow or diffused airflow function & the boot light / floor support combined unit so once the floor is raised the light still illuminates the spare wheel well you're rooting about in, rather than being obscured by the raised floor section as it would be on other cars.

Reactions: Satory, Zak0123, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
The eco message that comes up when you have both windows down.....'wind resistance detected close windows'
Makes me chuckle... I never obey....lol
The engine pops makes me smile also childish I know but in a good way...:rockwoot:

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Satory, HawkeyeS3 and 2 others
It starts when I turn the key and looks like any other A3.

Reactions: Satory and Rob2k68
+1 for flat bottomed steering wheel
+1 that it looks pretty much like any other A3

Folding mirrors

Reactions: Satory, pburv, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
I'm a huge fan of the interior "strip/ring" lighting, and in particular the B&O speaker lights, the MMI touch dial light, and the cup holder lights that I retrofitted. Really nice detail and gives the interior a premium look at night (in my opinion).

I also love the touch lock/unlock feature on the door handles. Maybe it's not a ground-breaking feature for others, but for me it's just so nice not worrying about taking the key out of my pocket.

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Satory, pburv and 2 others
Watching the MMI screen rise smoothly and settle into position.
Waiting for "Navigation" to analyse and respond to my spoken demands.

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Satory, Zak0123 and 2 others
The volume control lol crank that B&O up !!

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Satory, SW14NY'S and 2 others
..... Also the indicators on the LED headlamps.

Reactions: Satory, MattSedg, pburv and 1 other person
..... Also the indicators on the LED headlamps.
With the standard Xenon lights on an S3, does the DRL dim or turn off at all when you indicate? I think the answer is no?

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
With the standard Xenon lights on an S3, does the DRL dim or turn off at all when you indicate? I think the answer is no?
From what I can tell it dims...

Reactions: Rob2k68 and azibux1
.... Also the paint. Go Team Daytona !!!!!

Reactions: daytonamart, SW14NY'S, testcard and 1 other person

Yep it has to dim due to the proximity to the indicator (within 40mm I think) to satisfy legislation.

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv and azibux1
Yep it has to dim due to the proximity to the indicator (within 40mm I think) to satisfy legislation.

From what I can tell it dims...

Cool thanks for confirming. I know it came up before but couldn't remember if the decision was that only the LED ones dim/turn off as the 'line' of DRL has to be replaced by the indicator in that exact position

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Cool thanks for confirming. I know it came up before but couldn't remember if the decision was that only the LED ones dim/turn off as the 'line' of DRL has to be replaced by the indicator in that exact position

That right the LED ones switch off whilst indicating although I've modified mine to 'glow' or 'pulse' :-

Reactions: MattSedg, azibux1 and pburv
Everything! I work in a Vauxhall factory and every time I get in the car after finishing work I just think "Better than the s**t we've been building all day" :D

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Satory, Daveotto and 13 others
Everything! I work in a Vauxhall factory and every time I get in the car after finishing work I just think "Better than the s**t we've been building all day" :D
Lol..Quote of the day....:friends:

Reactions: Scottyg, SW14NY'S, cappers and 2 others
That right the LED ones switch off whilst indicating although I've modified mine to 'glow' or 'pulse' :-

Ha that's pretty cool!

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
The colour.

I think Sepang is simply stunning when polished up on a sunny day.

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Jassyo06, azibux1 and 2 others
On mine, it's the extreme high-gloss finish on the wheels when they're clean, the induction noise and chatter from the intake setup, and the carbon mirrors. And of course my new tailpipe finish!

Reactions: Satory, pburv and Rob2k68
I have a few with my S3.....

1. Panther Black Crystal
2. Lunar Silver Alcantara
3. Interior Light Pack
4. The sound it makes when you floor it

I would like it even more if it looked more like this .....
485d0aad3e47aa7dd27b97efa778245c.jpg

www.supercarsofscotland.co.uk
Twitter: @supercarsofSCOT
Instagram: supercarsofscotland_uk

Last edited:
Reactions: S3 Turbo, Satory, pburv and 1 other person
I like the B & O lighting, lunar interior and the rear diffuser with the quad exhausts!

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Satory, pburv and 2 others
The fact it's got three hundred and something bhp with the Mtm added, but still can rival the fuel economy of an ecoboost fiesta when driven sensibly.

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Satory, richinsoton and 3 others
Here's controversy: 2 advanced key things believe it or not!?

1. Just needing to swipe my hand in front of the door lock without even having to touch the handle to lock the car. (Also just walking up to the car and putting my fingers behind the handle to unlock it is pretty cool)

2. After sitting down in my car at night in the pitch black and hitting the start/stop button and seeing everything come to life (ILP + B&O LED strips / MMI coming out of the dash) just awesome! Brings a smile everytime!

£390 well spent IMHO

Reactions: Satory, pburv, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
This forum, as without the A3/S3, it wouldn't exist.

Regarding the car, I had a few 'favourite bits' but the niggly frustrations with the 'other bits' like the MMI take the edge off them TBH.

Reactions: Satory, Scottyg, pburv and 2 others
When I still had mine, the pull back on the gear stick (S-Tronic) to change to Sport (and/or back again to Drive) in one easy move (without having to push any buttons on the gear shift to do so)

Also High Beam Assist - brilliant around country lanes late at night

Finally that programmable button on the steering wheel - had mine programmed do I could turn off the sat Nav voice until I actually needed it to speak to me!

Reactions: Satory, Ignition1, RichardT and 4 others
I was originally going to post...what l like most about my S3 being the ever decreasing size of the registration plate when l eventually sell it but that wouldn't be fair lol
Sepang paint forgot about that

Reactions: Scottyg, SW14NY'S, pburv and 1 other person
The clean look of the interior, a design classic. the metal strip that wraps the buttons along the middle of the dash. sad i know

Reactions: Dave-o, Satory, RichardT and 2 others
The countdown to moving it on for something more interesting.

Secondary is the simplicity - FWD, manual, economic; it's a decent commuter and I don't spend too much time caring for it (which is a new thing for me in a car, hence my initial point).

The rear arches/quarter panel and the un-interupted sculpted body that you only get on a 3 door variant.

G

Reactions: Satory, pburv, Scottyg and 1 other person
Agree about the steering wheel. I also love the exhaust note with the window down, especially when it makes people turn their heads to look.
Like the look of steering but not the turning point Seem like missing something

I like the way my A3 steers, you feel like your driving quality.

The ride and handling is brilliant.

The fact that my phone/smartwatch tell me how long to get to work and home with traffic status when I get into car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Satory, pburv and 1 other person
First time I've seen someone say the handling and ride is brilliant in an A3

You obviously haven't seen the Youtube review videos. Most of them complimented the ride and handling.

I know the S3 handling round a track got slated but mines a 1.6tdi sport which was just road tested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The rear arches/quarter panel and the un-interupted sculpted body that you only get on a 3 door variant.

G

I think you and your car need to get a room!

Reactions: Mr.G, pburv, WarwickL and 2 others