What's your advice ?(S3 Exhaust)

Olynth

Quattro
Reaction score
Hi guys.
I am looking for an exhaust system. This is my daily drive car and dont want to get trouble with the cops :angrymod:
So whats your advice ?

Miltek is one of the best systems and complies with E.E.C. regulations (I think)... you have also Supersprint... same tune here.

Pedro

Thanks for your advice Pedro.
Looked to the milltek website. Do you know the differance between jet and the special tail pipe style?

that i do not know... but give them a ring tomorrow... they should clear any doubts for you.

Pedro

I'm very close to getting the full turboback Milltek system

as far as I can tell the special is 80mm slash cut pipe without rolled edges, the jet is 90mm and more fancy

personally I prefer the special

Does anyone know how much the full milltek cost??

I got quote it for around 4300AUD 4100AUD or 3865AUD for full system. and one shop quote me for an extra tip. 800AUD...............

And it doesn't really sound right to me at all.

neither look standard. I think the special looks more standard, just without the rolled edges.

Not sure I'd bother TBH = extra insurance or if not declaring makes the car look 'modded', very small gains overall with the exception of faster spool up.

If pushed though Miltek would get my vote, turbo back jet style.

Miltek fitment is usually hit and miss - I've heard reports of their systems having to be cut to bits and re-welded to get them to fit correctly.

I have a miltek on my 8L, it's a nice enough exhaust (The baffles had to be replaced once) but the issues i've heard with fitment would make me just got for a fully custom exhaust then you can choose the exact note, style and look you want....the cost difference would be next to nothing.

As you're not in the UK there isn't anyone I could recommend though

Hi

I got the 80mm special tail pipes,looks realy good live.System fits so easy and well on the car,very good quality

20080523284.jpg

20080523283.jpg

From all the exhaust I have seen the one I like the most are actually the original ones...

Pedro

Yeah it doesnt look right, its to prevalent, needs to be more discreet, maybe if it was both sides it would look little better but one sided looks well out of place, why didnt they give it the 1 each side look like they did on the TT, I thought that looked cool.

Also the parking sensors seem to stick out alot more than usual no??? I thought they were lower than that on the lower valance.

Yep the rolled specials look more OEM.

p

that's the thing...the specials aren't rolled just cut pipe. They definitely look more oem but i think rolled specials would look totally oem. I'd prefer that but doesn't look like they do them.

Also the parking sensors seem to stick out alot more than usual no??? I thought they were lower than that on the lower valance.

I don't think they can be factory fit. Mine are and don't stick out like that

I don't think they can be factory fit. Mine are and don't stick out like that

Are yours also at the same height as thought they were always positioned lower?

maybe a little lower. checking would involve going out in the dark and wet :sm4:

I think 80mm Special looks better.
As soon as possible i will get the resonated 80mm special style exhaust.
Thanks for the advices.

maybe a little lower. checking would involve going out in the dark and wet :sm4:

Dont wanna do silly thing like that mate, :lazy: lol, its ok I can crawl under my car & look for the markings of where they would be on my bumper when fitted, lol, guilt trip.

The more i see the S3 set up with different exhausts i think they should have considered putting it in the middle like the R32. Maybe space the pipes about 8 inches apart though. It'd definitely set the S3 apart from the S-Line a bit more also.... Just a thought!!

It's strange they'd use a picture like that for selling the product - the car is dirty as hell and the exhaust doesn't sit right at all in the bumper.

its called being lazy i find it works for me:o.k:

The more i see the S3 set up with different exhausts i think they should have considered putting it in the middle like the R32. Maybe space the pipes about 8 inches apart though. It'd definitely set the S3 apart from the S-Line a bit more also.... Just a thought!!

:iagree: should have done more with the S3 to make it look different as the previous S3 was alot different IMHO, but new one is almost like an SLine.

I wish Miltek or similar would release a dual exit system but I guess the issue is with the rear valance and the cut outs required, I think it would look great and sell really well but i may be wrong :)

I wish Miltek or similar would release a dual exit system but I guess the issue is with the rear valance and the cut outs required, I think it would look great and sell really well but i may be wrong :)

Fecking AAAAA Brother totally :iagree: I think you can do that if your willing to pay them to do a custom one, as they are so big now I dont know if they still do that anymore, they used to I think, but they are huge company now in comparison to when I looked at doing that.

dual.jpg

^^^^^Check out Jordan woop woop lowerd an all.

Not sure me , if you spent a fortune on getting the rear defusser custom made , then get Supersprint or BTB to make you a custom zorst it would look good, but you'd be 2.5k lighter in the bin!

p

Definitely not lowered & exhaust not bad, but the squaring round it kinda makes it look funny, but exhaust looks better than stock for sure, Jordan give us a PShop image of the exhausts nearer to the middle fella?

Can we have a pic of the exhausts coming out of the boot? also some coming out from the side :p loool