1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats this.......

Moynas A4 Jul 12, 2007

1. Moynas A4

Moynas A4 New Member

Right i've been getting a loud ticking noise coming from above the air box, i've worked out that its this part in the picture making the noise! If i shake it the noise stops but then it'll come back ticking again like a bloody bomb!!

Any ideas?? is it faulty??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. be careful using the "b" word on the net. The men in black may pay your house a visit one night....

No doubt that somewhere in a basement in maryland your name is already being recorded.

3. Randomjim

Randomjim Active Member

I get a similar ticking noise on mine, only when its hot though.

4. mac1403

mac1403 Member

Think they all tick...well mine does anyway. If you blip the throttle it will stop briefly until the revs settle again. Audi tech said nothing to worry about....ticks like a ticking thing LOL

5. Randomjim

Randomjim Active Member

I heard it might be something to do with a carbon emissions controller or something????

6. shineydave

shineydave Member

EGR valve i think, recirculates the gases from the fuel tank or something to reduce emissions. not too sure really

7. Biglockie

Biglockie Aye you know it makes sense

Ah thats where that bloody noise is coming from!!!!!! LOL

8. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed! VCDS Map User

Its probably a fuel vapour capture system, it allows fuel vapour through a charcoal canister and then back to the fuel tank, for emissions purposes.

9. enda1

enda1 Member

It is the solenoid valve to vent fuel vapours back into a charcoal canister to reduce emissions. Know this cause I bust mine when opening the airbox last year.

10. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Same here.

11. 98 A4

98 A4 New Member

Im pretty sure its the pvc valve, I mine does the same thing by clicking very loudly. I thought it was dirty so i tried to clean it out with carb cleaner it worked a little but i think thats just how they work.

12. jcb

jcb Active Member VCDS Map User

same here!! nozzle held on with araldite now!!

13. Ibzzzzz

Ibzzzzz Member

m8 its the charcoal filter they all do it even my a3.