1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whats this?

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by crazypainter, Oct 16, 2010.

1. crazypainter

crazypainter Member

[Oct 16, 2010]
    Found this red plastic pull whilst removing offside rear light. Didnt want to pull it in case an inflatable life raft suddenly appeared......... what is it, what does it do, and should I have one on the nearside also???
    [​IMG]
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. quattro tony

quattro tony Member

[Oct 16, 2010]
    Hi , this is very normal. I have one too on my a4 . its an emergency fuel flap release if your solenoid for the flap packs up. so you can at least get the flap open, Most manufactures use this , quite thoughtful of them to do it .
  4. crazypainter

crazypainter Member

[Oct 16, 2010]
    No raft then............!!

thanks for the ident.
  5. Syncopix

Syncopix OEM+

[Oct 16, 2010]
    I think it's the emergency boot opener. As the A4 has an electronic boot switch on the outside, should the battery fail, you can still open the boot from the inside.
  6. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

[Oct 16, 2010]
    its the emergency eject ring pull for ejecting wifes who eat food in your car and make a mess!

its for opening the fuel flap manually should your electronic locking system fail
  7. CHRIS555

CHRIS555 DOPE with added OCD

[Oct 16, 2010]
    Don't pull it - this must be the PM's old car! If you pull it the nuclear bombs will all be fired at Russia - and it will be ALL YOUR FAULT!