Whats this cable

666markyboy

Reaction score
Anyone know what this thick cable is that some previous owner saw fit to have cut ????

Also gonna post in the ICE section if thats ok... car is a 1999 A3 Quattro and everything seems to work as it should including the auto changer in the boot

Can't really see from that pic, but it could be the original changer bus cable as the one in the pic has been added. Maybe the previous owner chopped the original one to use the blue plug for some sort of iPOD adapter then retro fitted an additional cable when they put the system back to stock.
Can you get a better pic of the actual cable close up?

Right that makes sense Andy as the actual CD Auto changer cable seems to take a DIY route through the car rather than being part of the actual loom Thanks Andy

just been out and had route around the auto changer and found a second din plug..... good call Andy it would seem it's had a fresh cable installed for one reason or another

Glad it's OK and nothing to worry about. They probably chopped the cable to use the plug
I see there's a very neat USB slot in the pic, so would imagine that's something to do with it.

USB slot is part of a small MP3 player i fitted myself.... just one of those cheap China jobs that takes an SD card and piggy backs with the Autochanger works very well though

How have u wired tht in mate tht looks awesome ? Where u get it too?

I got it off Ebay about three years ago this is their site Welcome to SHENZHEN CHELEBAO ELECTRONIC TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD but i'm not sure if they are still trading as there used to be loads of them on Ebay but just looked and can only see one at the mo and it's much more than i paid for mine.... you just plug it into the blue socket where your CD Autochanger goes and then it has a new socket for your CD Autochanger to plug into.... it's like having 2 Autochangers and you press the TP button to switch between the 2 you just make 6 folders on your memory card called CD1 ,2 , 3 and then fill them with your MP3's