Whats the logical next car, post S4

I'm quite happy with my TQS tbh.

Dont like the B6, and the B7/8's are still too expensive.

I do have a soft spot for the C5 A6 4.2 though, in avant guise. The Auto box would do my head in though, and ripping it out for a manual would be a must.

I do have a soft spot for the C5 A6 4.2 though, in avant guise. The Auto box would do my head in though, and ripping it out for a manual would be a must.
move to london :p was stuck in traffic yesterday, a journey which would normally take 25 mins took me an HOUR AND A HALF!!!!, although i was p*ssed off, just looked at the other drivers even more frustrated with their old fashioned manuals :haha:

i dont mind the b6, dont like the standard b7 but love the b8 :yes:

Last edited:
not done with mine yet but I am looking for a larger auto for the "family" car
I am looking at a C5 A6 2.5tdi Avant Q when the golf comes off lease. 3.0l is also a possible but seems to hold too much of a premium to justify the lower fuel consumption
Seriously thought about an RS6 (C5) but I would have to get rid of mine and that is just not on!

I was seriously considering a b7 S4 2005 as they're becoming more affordable. My annual mileage is very low therefore fuel cost isn't an issue, the main issue is insurance cost. The lowest quote I found was £1200+ because of the higher risk in parts of Newcastle.

The other reason preventing me from changing is my A4 refuses to die. It's bullet proof. :banghead: :laugh:

i went for an allroad as a daily and will also get a RS4 for fun when house purchase is done

i went for an allroad as a daily and will also get a RS4 for fun when house purchase is done

had a 2.7 Allroad... Recarros.... one of the best cars I have ever owned..... with the exception of the springs going tits up every 5 mins...

Will hang on for the house, RS4 1st!! LOL