Facelift Whats the latest thinking on Dash Cams

h5djr

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I see there is a new Thinkware F770 dash cam available. Has anyone tried one of these.

Also any problems with the 'spotty' area around the rear-view mirror when mounting a dash cam

Thinkware , Blackview etc are all overpriced in my opinion .

Reactions: Phutters
I have a BlackVue Front and Rear, wouldn't buy another.. poor reliability which is a shame. I will potentially look at Thinkware but not changing for now, the RS3 is a big outgoing to save for.

Mine is mounted on the part of the screen you speak of, no issues at all. BlackVue supply a gel adhesive pad, works well.

Reactions: TDI-line
The spotty area around the mirror in mine is smooth, the spots appear to be inside the glass so no issues with a suction mount.

I'm using a Nextbase 512GW at the moment, picture quality could be better but comparing with other 1440p cameras looks ok.

Blackvue 650 owner (front and rear).

Main reason for buying it was for 'parking mode' and for general peace of mind. Yeah they're expensive but they are arguably the best/stealthiest camera on the market.

Would I buy one again. Probably not. It interferes with the DAB radio occasionally which annoys me and for the money, I would expect tip top video quality.
I could probably glue my iPhone to the windscreen and get better footage. Don't get me wrong it's not bad but I didn't expect that my phone would outperform the video quality.

Yes agree blackvue over priced and not that good on reliability

Reactions: AudiNutta
This one gets good reviews
Street Guardian SG9665GC v3 2017 edition

Have a look on Dash cam Forum for lots of information on this and so many other cameras

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

That's the one yeah, 2 of my brothers have the 2016 version.

I would go for the Thinkware F800 myself. It's due for release any day now in the UK. They have used a similar design to the F750 which was sensible. The F770 is an excellent cam system (we have both) except that removing it from the windscreen is a non-starter. Once the leads are plugged into the recessed socket receptacle they are almost impossible to remove. I complained about this to Thinkware and am gratified to see they appear to have taken notice of me and a good few others I would imagine. The F800 is the best one available. We had a Blackvue too but sold that.

I have the F770 with a Cellink B battery. Works great - better than the Blackvue 550 which I had a few issues with on the old car.