1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats the deal on Tig-Art turbo manifolds?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by James333, Oct 28, 2008.

1. James333

James333 Member

[Oct 28, 2008]
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. HTC

HTC Active Member

[Oct 29, 2008]
    Yes, they produce quality work. I know of a few guys running their manifolds. In fact I think mine is a tig-art item sourced through JBS.

That one might be difficult with the wastegate on that side. Might be too close to the brake servo. Turbo oriented that way is often for MAFless inlets.

Send them an email. They do custom work. Could make one with the turbo moved to one side and relocate the wastegate.
  4. JBS Sales

JBS Sales Member

[Nov 5, 2008]
    Hello!

Just to clear a few things up.

We made all the initial designs here in house so that 'TIG-ART' could build them for us, and only us as they are our design.

BUT, we were faced with many, many problems with quality! To give you an idea a batch of 10 K03 Manifolds were confirmed orders and less than half were up to our quality standards. So after many arguments over quality of manufacture, our design not being met accurately and finding out that they are selling on our designs that were agreed to be sold only by us we have stopped dealing with them and have entered in to legal proceedings

All manifolds that did get sent from us were checked before shipping so no one got a bad quality manifold.

As we have had these problems with TIG-ART no longer use them and have since re-designed our manifolds to give better flow and fitment.

So, just to clear a few things up really!

Mike
  5. glen_jai

glen_jai Member

[Nov 5, 2008]
    Oooh.. TIG-ART sound dodgey as hell.

Kind of regret not visiting jbs for my turbo kit, as they seem pretty knowledgeable.
  6. HTC

HTC Active Member

[Nov 5, 2008]
    Mike were the tig-art stage1 IHI the log shaped ones?
  7. James333

James333 Member

[Nov 5, 2008]
    The tig art manifolds look nice until you look at the welds, they dont look like they have half as much attention to welding as the others I have seen,people on seatcupra .net showed me some good comparison pictures, the welds look about 1/5 as meaty as others available.

Say no to tig art then i guess!
  8. HTC

HTC Active Member

[Nov 5, 2008]
    Thin weld doesn't mean a bad weld. Welds on my downpipe are very thin. I'd like to see those pictures if you have them?