What's the best tar remover?

Jennings

Reaction score
Hi guys

recently bought a audi a3 in white and their seems
to be a few black spots about on the paint work
which I take it is tar as I can pick it off if I tryed?

Any ideas which would be the best product?

thanks dan

Thanks for replying.... Once you have applied the tardis I take you wash it
Of and that's it or do you have to apply any thing else?

Iron X is pretty good as a tar & fall out remover, I'm going to get some!

Thanks for replying.... Once you have applied the tardis I take you wash it
Of and that's it or do you have to apply any thing else?

You spray / rub it on and leave it for about 5 mins till the tar starts to run, then gently wipe it off. I then rewash the area with shampoo and rinse.

Krystal Kleen Details Tar-Tastic is amazing stuff and has no harmful chemicals in it unlike the majority of tar removers.

"Tar-Tastic is a mild solvent based tar remover boosted with the power of limonene, a solvent produced by numerous plants and with a pleasant odour. Contains plant derived emulsifiers facilitating easier rinsing after use. Advanced sprayable gel character allows the product to be sprayed but ensures that it clings to surfaces. The increased contact time allows the use of a safer formulation without compromising tar removal performance. The greatly decreased product run-off and low volatility result in dramatically reduced product usage, compared to traditional, non-viscous, tar removers"

Is now getting used by alot of detailers as its so good at what it does.

I always had used AutoGlym tar remover and a friend recommended Autoday Targo, so I thought I would give it a go. Its actually really good stuff, tar comes off without any effort. I always will give something new a go to see how it performs...

Tar And Glue Remover - Autoday