Whats the best solution for foaming my car?

Compkiler

Reaction score
I just bought a foam lance with bottle attached for my Karacher jet washer and was wondering what the best stuff to use is please?
I tried just using my autoglym shampoo but that didn't really work due to it running straight off the car.

Thanks

Auto finesse avalanche always does a good job and gets good reviews.

I've used Avalanche and really like it. Bound to get lots more opinions though!

I'm a big fan of magifoam. Although I've gotta keep it heavily diluted now because of the Exo coating as was told by MCC it's fine to use but not much as it's very aggressive

I use this and find it's really good.

Upload 2014 11 23 11 23 8

Reactions: Ch3tan
Autobrite Majifoam
Autosmart Ultramousse / Active XLS / Hazsafe
Bilt Hamber Autofoam

Fantastic in the lance, 1 inch of product ,fill the bottle with 3/4 of water

I just got some Linntec SF from my local outlet. It says to dilute 20:1.
Do I dilute this before using...?
Or, do I just fill the spray bottle/lance on my Karcher and let it dilute naturally...?
Sorry for the daft question but, I have never used SF before and I would just like some advice before all the kids in the neighbourhood come round to mine for a foam fight....!

:rolleyes:

I just got some Linntec SF from my local outlet. It says to dilute 20:1.
Do I dilute this before using...?
Or, do I just fill the spray bottle/lance on my Karcher and let it dilute naturally...?
Sorry for the daft question but, I have never used SF before and I would just like some advice before all the kids in the neighbourhood come round to mine for a foam fight....!

:rolleyes:
Dilute in the bottle before you use it Jake

Always find diluting it with warm to hot water works much better too :thumbs up:

Reactions: Jake 61
@Bristle Hound Thanks BH, I've never used SF before and I have a bottle that I'm itching to try. I got the car nice and minging up a farm track today, so tomorrow, (weather permitting), I'll have a go.
It's like a skating rink outside at the mo, just gone on my backside taking the dog out, so I'll see how it goes in the morning...!
:cold::confused:

@Bristle Hound Thanks BH, I've never used SF before and I have a bottle that I'm itching to try. I got the car nice and minging up a farm track today, so tomorrow, (weather permitting), I'll have a go.
It's like a skating rink outside at the mo, just gone on my backside taking the dog out, so I'll see how it goes in the morning...!
:cold::confused:
@Jake 61 - Leave the SF to dwell for around 10 mins or so before power washin it off, if you didnt know that already lol

Snow foaming is messy but good fun mind
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/show-us-your-snow-foam-pics.227914/

****** hate the winter :banghead:

Reactions: Jake 61
Personally I use Angelwax Fastfoam. Fantastic cleaning and foaming abilities and a fantastic price for 5 litres

Cheers BH, All the best to you for 2015 pal, not long before u get the new motor

Reactions: Bristle Hound
I bought the Demon Foam stuff purely for the novelty value (the fact Halfords were doing a 3 for 2 offer had something to do with it as well). It smells nice when you spray it on, but rather like a politician, it promises a lot and delivers naff all. You can't beat elbow grease and a bucket and sponge.

The spray on shine (the pink stuff) impressed me more....

I bought the Demon Foam stuff purely for the novelty value (the fact Halfords were doing a 3 for 2 offer had something to do with it as well). It smells nice when you spray it on, but rather like a politician, it promises a lot and delivers naff all. You can't beat elbow grease and a bucket and sponge.

The spray on shine (the pink stuff) impressed me more....

All I can say is that for me the ValetPRO works really well. I am surprised just how much crud it gets off. Its all about reducing the potential for scratches and swirls. So the less grit under your sponge or mitt the better it has to be.

Best bet it foam it onto a dry car, that way it wont just almost immediately run off but stay and work its way into the dirt.

All I can say is that for me the ValetPRO works really well. I am surprised just how much crud it gets off. Its all about reducing the potential for scratches and swirls. So the less grit under your sponge or mitt the better it has to be.

Best bet it foam it onto a dry car, that way it wont just almost immediately run off but stay and work its way into the dirt.
Just to add to Steve's comment above

Always mix the SF solution with hot water. Seems to work better (for me anyway :))

Reactions: Fox5150
Also add abit of citrus power from auto finesse

I use ad magifoam it's lovely stuff dilute with hot water!

Add in abit of citrus power spray on dwell for 10/15 mins then you can rinse off

+1 for making it up with hot water. I use Auto Finesse Avalanche and have been very impressed indeed.

I find car plan demon shine is really good for foaming on and it also has a nice smell of apples ;) haha, but no it is good stuff I'd recommend :)