1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whats the best shampoo? on a budget!

Discussion in 'Detailing - Sponsored by Slim's Detailing' started by boya, Aug 29, 2009.

1. boya

boya Member

as above really, got a budget of about £15 the car is silver. also what wax/polish would you recomend? i have always had stripped out vauxhalls so never really been into cleaning cars that much so am kind of new to it all lol

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Active Member

Shampoo wise, you should get a decent amount of £15.

I'm currently a big fan of Dodo Juice's Born To Be Mild. A very slick, wax-friendly shampoo that foams nice, and, smells great!!!

There are loooads of different shampoo's.. maybe borrow a few from local friends if anyones into it and see which you best prefer?

4. Shink

Shink New Member

I've always used Autoglym products and I rate them pretty highly. But as above, I have heard some excellent things about Dodo Juice and will be renewing my stocks with Dodo products.

I suppose ultimately it depends on the condition of your paint.

I think you'll struggle to get shampoo and wax for £15. Wax is expensive, especially good wax. I've heard from other people that Diamond Brite offers pretty good results for a polish and sealing glaze. Glaze is perhaps not as good as a wax, but it is cheaper.

You could also go with Autoglym Conditioner Shampoo and a top coat of Autoglym Super Resin Polish. That would be £15 on the nose. But the polish will not protect the same as a wax. But wax should go on top of a polish anyway, so you would just need to wash it a lot to prevent dirt build up that a good wax will prevent you from.

5. boya

boya Member

i dont think i have been clear enought with my first post lol, i only want to spend 15 quid on shampoo, the polish i will splash out for :thumbsup:

6. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User Audi A4 quattro

I so wanted to answer this as Head and Shoulders.....

7. boya

boya Member

:lmfao:

8. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Another vote for Dodo Juice.

If your after something from your local halfords, Meguires Gold class is ok too.

9. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

Born to be mild all day long if you have 15 quid to spend.

10. Johnytuono

Johnytuono Member

.......I'm sure I read somewhere that some people are having good results with Johnsons Baby Shampoo (NOT Johnsons Baby Bath)
    JohnyT

11. Davsurfa

Davsurfa Member

Meguires car wax for £9 gives a fantastic finish. I bought some yesterday along with some T-cut, used the T-cut first then the wax and I can now use as a shaving mirror.

12. WX51TXR

WX51TXR Polished Bliss

Best value for money shampoo that performs great is Meguiars Shampoo Plus; 3.78L for £13.39, can't beat that. Details here...

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/meguiars-shampoo-plus-wash.html

When it comes to your choice of polish and protection for silver paint, our thoughts are as follows...

---