What's the best induction?

ButcherV6

Live Fast Die Smiling
Reaction score
Hi, I bought my 98 A4 2.4 V6 a few weeks back and it has previously been fit with a cone style induction kit now iv never been a fan of this style of filter so I just wanted to know what was best to use on this engine? The rest of the car is standard as far as i can tell apart from a stainless back box. Cheers.

Might be better going back to the air box, as the cone filter might not even improve the performance !

Go back to the standard airbox mate. You will get massive heat soak with that cone. It will propably even reduce power when the engine temp has been operating at nominal temp for a while. I have drilled my airbox in my 2.8, and have a k and n panel filter........Though personally I do not think the k and n makes a difference!

ran a cone as well, back to modified airbox

Standard it is then, I had a standard air box and k&n panel filter and a cold air feed from grill in a V6 vauxhall calibra I had and it worked well I'll have a look on eBay see what I can find, do all B5 A4's share the same airbox? Or dose it have to be a 2.4 v6? Thanks.