1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats that Noise??

J7USS Jul 24, 2007

1. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

When I start my car up in the Morning you usually get that Motorised noise for about 15 seconds, It sounds like a Hoover, What is it and since driving through a Deepish puddle (on the M5 which I got caught in for 13hrs) everytime I start her up after its been sitting all night and day I get that Hoover Noise but it sounds rough, Like its dry rotating Grinding noise, Any help Folks will be appreciated...

:icon_thumright:

2. dualmono21

dualmono21 Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

sounds like the pump which is priming the injectors

3. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

Ok, what does it mean when its suddenly making a racket??? New Pump, Grease the Pump, Recon the pump..:think:

4. golf

golf ***** rent boy VCDS Map User

It's your secondary air pump, that makes all those weird humming noises. I don't know what could be causing the excessive noise though.

5. jase0851

jase0851 Member

yeah mine makes a hoovery noise for about 1 minute on start up sounds like ive got a big bore exhaust on then goes of just before choke and quietens right down. sounds whistley when its quietening down if you know what i mean

6. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

yeah mine used to sound like that but now it sounds like a Morphy richards Blender...:faint:

7. jase0851

jase0851 Member

oh wierd that j7uss, so mines normal then