1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats that full lock knock?!

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by kamikava, Jul 15, 2010.

1. kamikava

kamikava New Member

[Jul 15, 2010]
    Hi guys n gals,

So i got a little knocking sound when i turn the car full lock to the left hand side and drive it in circles slowly, no knock when i turn it to the right, Car is a 2000 Audi A4 1.8t Sport.

So does anyone know whats causing it? CV joint or part of the suspension system?

Car only recently passed it MOT so surely they would have picked it up if it was a major problem, and it only occurs at full lock.

There is a slight banging and knocking, very quiet, if i have the radio off and listen hard when going over "rough" ground but i just assume that the suspension system will make some noise as it is a 10 year old car.

Just looking for a little insight as i dont want my suspension to collapse when im driving on the motorway :ermm:

Cheers all!

Jake
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 22, 2014]

3. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

[Jul 15, 2010]
    Your outer cv joint is making noise on full lock...
  4. griswold

griswold Member

[Jul 15, 2010]
    I got a cv joint kit from eurocarparts for my A6 almost a third of the price from audi
    had an Audi tech fit it for me he was impressed with the quality of it and the boot he just used a different clip for the boot.
    about £30 if i remember