whats revo ?

ooooaudi

Reaction score
Website
audi-sport.net
is it a tuning company ??? ive never heard of it before !!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

er, careful what you throw about moresauce /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

revo-technik are a chip company formed by the people who used to work for APR - they have a website if you want to check them out.

Seems to be the most "invisible" chip on the market at the moment - they don't even open your ECU - the chip progrma is flashed on to your chip via a "dongle" which you connect via the port to the right and below steering wheel

can adjust between stock and various programs or even adjust timing/boost as you desire

there are a number of people on other sites who have gone this route and seem very pleased - would put a link to the thread but probably a bannable offence

The people that I know who have had revo software installed are DuncS3, SiTaS3, PaulS3, Bjacks think there is a few others. By all accounts they are happy with the remaps.

Some reviews of the software on revos site, some of which are quotes etc from the above people.

revo's site

Graham

***Disclaimer***
I'm not pushing the product merely helping out people with the information already available. Am more than happy with my AmD remap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

I think its safe to say that whatever chip you have in your car it will of course be the best one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

These companies are in competition with each other and as such it is their job to come up with the best product/customer service as they possibly can. The purpose of these forums is so we can share our views on these products.

What I personally find distasteful are circumstances where customers get products for free in return for positive forum posts - this is advertising in its most incidious form, unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it.

I'm not suggesting anyone has done this in this circumstance but it did happen before. By all means have your view, share your view and defend your choice - but lets keep this on a level playing field.

I've personally always used AMD becasue they've not put a foot wrong in either product or service but thats not to say I wont consider Revo or other chips/tuners in the future.

We're the customers - I dont think its up to us to fight these companies battles - let them do that themselves via the services they offer.

couldn't agree more Thorney - my car was used as a tester for a new APR high boost chip (APR did not have their own S3 or TT) and I was happy to try it out as I was interested in how it compared to my excellent AmD chip. APR weren't going to charge me as a result but the choice was mine - keep AmD or swap to APR with no cost either way so my choice was unbiased. I went with the APR because I think it is a better product for me and I have explained why in various discussions, had I preferred and kept the AmD I would also have explained why. Mitchell at APR made it clear that this agreement was in no way in return for favourable reviews and actually put that in writing.

that said I find unsubstantiated stirring like this objectionable /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif:

[ QUOTE ]
Moresauce said:
eard some dubious things about them...

[/ QUOTE ]

Adam,
just chill out a little bit! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif I have heard that they are due to be fighting a court case soon, I don't know if they are innocent or guilty but as someone asked about them I was just passing on what I had heard about them, I don't have any chip in my car, nor do I work for any Audi related company so stirring would be completely pointless. I hope I wrong and that no Audi company is up to no good but I heard that so was passing it on.

I hope if I ask advice people will give me all opinions wether rumour or fact it is just when people state rumour as fact problems arise. I clearly stated that I heard this and that was all.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Moresauce said:
eard some dubious things about them...believe they are invovled in a court case at the moment but not 100% sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

So whats the other "Dubious" things you have heard about them?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gifAll the things I have heard stem from this 'court case'. I'm not aware of the details I'm afraid! Maybe someone from Revo could enlighten us if they read this?? Their website seems very professional and they have some excellent testimonials on there, that is plain and for all to see. I heard this rumour and thought I would pass it on purely because the question was asked. I haven't seen any bad or good examples of their work, spoken to anyone from Revo or spoken to anyone involved in this prospective court case. I would not bad mouth anyone for the sake of it and hope that is clear from my other posts on this site and elsewhere, just thought this should be put int he public domain.

I hope it is wrong because any bad press or negative actions affect the whole Audi tuning community and people get wary about trust non OEM suppliers. Once again I state I don't have any interest in the company, any other tuning or Audi related company or any other party involved in this! Maybe someone who knows more about the case will post here if they can

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gifAudi Tuning /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

Thorney, I quite agree buddy any review should be impartial as it can be, chips are a hard one because everyone believes they have the best chip and I'm sure when I get around to chipping mine I'll be the same! No freebies over here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Adam, I wasn't accusing you (or anyone else) of being impartial (I didnt even know you had an APR chip /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif).

I agree with you that stirring is unjustified, however I have also heard that there are legal proceedings being threatened, but being an ex lawyer I know that you can get on dodgy ground pretty quick.

Whether Revo like it or not they are beset with rumour, its only natural for people to be curious.

[ QUOTE ]
Moresauce said:
Adam,
just chill out a little bit! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif I have heard that they are due to be fighting a court case soon, I don't know if they are innocent or guilty but as someone asked about them I was just passing on what I had heard about them, I don't have any chip in my car, nor do I work for any Audi related company so stirring would be completely pointless. I hope I wrong and that no Audi company is up to no good but I heard that so was passing it on.

I hope if I ask advice people will give me all opinions wether rumour or fact it is just when people state rumour as fact problems arise. I clearly stated that I heard this and that was all.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

moresauce - consider me chilled, no problem with what you have replied with. in fact had you said that originally would not have had an issue, ie explain what you have heard rather than an unexplained "eard they were dodgy". And thanks for your kind words in the admin-only area /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thorney - never thought you were mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Another thing to bear in mind is that so many people say "product x is better than product y" but they've only tried product X, so how do they know ?

Its always hard not to be biased torwards a product you've spend your hard earned cash on. I guess the only thing to do is look at the results/technology behind the product.