Whats peoples opinion on this?

S3-Oski

Reaction score
Hi all have been after a socket set for a while, but i have seen this in Halfords nearly bought it today but thought i would wait seems good price reduced from £200,

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_173083_langId_-1_categoryId_165572

Any good ?

just after a set which would contain most bits i would need for simple straight forward jobs, thought it seem good value? with all the other bits like allen keys star drive bits ect, cheers Oski

they aint bad quality. Only problem i had was with the short extender, it snapped... otherwise its darn tootin

Im a maintenance engineer by trade, and iv used teng, snap-on, draper, halfords tools and i would recommend them.
Good quality stuff and i think they come with a lifetime warranty. Id buy myself that exact same set but got too many tools already! :)

Sounds good, did not know about the warrenty, think i will be back tommorow to buy one,

something i dont really need i hardly ever do work on my car as i use a mechanic but do the odd simple task and never can find the right sized spanner etc, cheers Oski

its always handy to have a small tool kit at home for simple jobs, that kit looks good and alot better then the one i have at home, im a mechanic and when im at home its so annoying when you need a tool that you no you have but cant get to because its locked away in the workshop. i needed a 8mm spanner today and my kit at home didnt even have one.

i needed a 8mm spanner today and my kit at home didnt even have one.

Molegrips...the equivilent of a whole set of spanners :)

Oh and back on topic they look a good set

I have used a set of these myself.

I can confirm that they are top quality. I am sure that they may be made geodore or a similiar company.

I have used these in industrial fitting, so for home use, they will be if anything, to good :)

Also, as stated , the life time warranty is the deal sealer !!

Nearly bought a set for myself last weekend when i saw them on offer, but my missus decided i didnt need them !:whistle2:

I can confirm that they are top quality. I am sure that they may be made geodore or a similiar company.

I have used these in industrial fitting, so for home use, they will be if anything, to good :)

Nearly bought a set for myself last weekend when i saw them on offer, but my missus decided i didnt need them !:whistle2:

More like scottie1234567 :)

Quality will be good but I bet you'll miss those larger sockets one day

I love my Socket set :thumbsup:
Ive only heard good things about the Halford's set's! Ive got a Crescent Socket set :rock: Bought it at an auction for £50. The RRP was alot more i was told?

onto my second one as the first was stolen from a mates van, quality, done countlless jobs on the cars and on my bikes, life time guarantee, bargin really,cant complain

Totally agree with everyone else. I got a set a couple of years back and its excellent and lifetime warranty apparently so you can just take bits back for replacements but doubt you would need to. I think i got a 150 set but i dont think they do it anymore.