1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what's needed for a stage 3 s3 8l

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by JoeeS3, Jan 10, 2014.

1. JoeeS3

JoeeS3 Active Member

Apart from a bigger turbo what other mods would I need on top of my current ones to take my car to stage three going to get all the parts ready for summer then it's all going to go in then
    Cheers guys here are my current mods
    *New integrated engineering strengthened H beam con rods and ARP rods
    *a&h fabrications inter cooler *all air pipes have been replaced with sfs up rated silicon pipes
    *forge recirc dump valve
    *3" s/s pipeworx down pipe and decat pipr
    * from cat back s/s power flow system
    *40mm eibach springs
    *uprated anti roll bar with poly bushes inc T bar engine mount
    *itg 350bhp rated air filter
  2. kwistof

kwistof South East Events Moderator Regional Rep

Injectors and a decent clutch to be able to deal with all the extra power :)
  3. JoeeS3

JoeeS3 Active Member

well as my flywheel is on the way out i firgured i would upgrade it now in preperation
  4. JoeeS3

JoeeS3 Active Member

5. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

What turbo are you planning on using to go 'stage 3'?... if sticking to a K04 variant then you haven't got a Badger5 TIP in your list or high flow exhaust manifold...

If looking at a larger framed turbo such as a garrett then arguably you need to also consider valve train and possibly a large port head...

Be easier if you state a power goal... stuff like rods etc are a given in most cases these days but of course you also need to consider wear and tear on the engine itself... if looked after the 20v will go on for 200k... but... starting to see some 100k+ engines that are a bit of a lottery as to condition... I would consider getting a compression test/leak down test done on the engine as a minimum... if replacing rods then also consider at least changing the rings too...

While the heads off its worth getting a small refurb done on it so guides checked and replaced if required (typically exhaust guides), new stem seals and relap the valves in

<tuffty/>
  6. Bill Dee

Bill Dee Active Member

If replacing rods then also consider at least changing the rings too...

While the heads off its worth getting a small refurb done on it so guides checked and replaced if required (typically exhaust guides), new stem seals and relap the valves in

<tuffty/>[/QUOTE]

Hey Tuffy, How much roughly do you think I would be expected to pay (Roughly) to get this done on my standard S3 if I supplied the parts?
  7. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

For what exactly? rods fitting and head refurb? Bill charges around 1300 quid for just the rod change inc parts IIRC... does not include rings and head refurb though better off giving the man a call for a quote...

<tuffty/>
  8. Bill Dee

Bill Dee Active Member

All of the above really, I'm looking for more power but I wanna do it right. I don't know where to begin... I don't want silly power but I want reliability.