What's my type of music?

ShaunS3

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.
Regional Rep
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

If any of you can take a few moments out to listen to some favourite tracks of mine and describe my type of music to me.

From what i can cobble up in my head, its a mixture of things but always seem to have a certain sound to them. The word i am possibly thinking is harmonic/heavenly/uplifting/emotional dance/trance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully that should be enough examples for you all....now whats the best way to describe my style of music? :)

You're more of a Vocal Trance guy, little commercial :p

Have to agree with Nigel. I love Dash Berlin. Try listening to Band of Horses-Infinite Arms Shaun, excellent album, even better live, they are an awesome band, saw them in 2010. :) x

Thanks for the replies guys.

I think you are onto something, but I'm trying to describe the style of notes used in the songs as to me there is a trend. I think it is actually harmonic as I mentioned in my first post but the other word I'm thinking of is melodic?

Very hard for me to describe but its almost like the songs I like are like love ballads but in trance form. The songs are sung with such soul and emotion but I just can't quite describe the style....

Anymore help guys? :)

Last edited:
No I'm deadly serious :/ is it just me being as thick as two short planks? Or coming across as camp? haha