1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats it worth?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by shrink_777, Jun 5, 2009.

1. shrink_777

shrink_777 New Member

I am trying to sell my S3 at the mo, not had very long but my life has just been turned upside down and i need to sell. Im not desperate but I do need to sell. I dont know what to put it up for? its a 02 plate 225bhp facelift. Superchipped,Brembo brake kit on front ( new discs and pads) green cotton filter,Milktek exhaust, 18" alloys, lowered, shortshift gears. Its the dark blue with cream seats. Just had the cambelt and a service not long ago and its on 62,000 mls. got tax and il do a new MOT. Whats it worth people? honest opinions please!!!

cheers:blackrs4::sign_unfair:
  2. S3 HODGE

S3 HODGE Brown passenger seat.

Get some pictures up.
  3. campbell

campbell Member

Be interesting to know because mine is very similiar spec to yours, mileage etc. Would you consider selling any uprated parts to help it sell better? wink wink lol
  4. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

Providing the car is in general good nick, I'd say around £8k? I'd probably advertise it for £8495 ONO, and if you still have the original front brakes lying about, I'd put them back on and get £500 for them Brembo's through fleabay or on here.
    You'll probably get offers around the £7500 for it.
  5. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

First dib's on the brembos :arco:
  6. WildBruce

WildBruce Third Gear

Depends on who you sell to, some see the value in the mods, others see it as a liability, which is why some people put their cars back to standard when selling.

I would say have a look on AutoTrader for a car of similar mileage, either 02 or 03 [they are not that far off after all] and take it from their.

If you advertise on Piston Heads, list the mods, on Auto Trader or eBay, it would be up to you, but I would assume you are after selling to some one who knows the car, so I woudl list them.
  7. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

autotrader has a 74k 02 at £8,500 with 6 months tax and no mods so keep an eye on that and see if it goes,I'd try and sell the mods separate if possible.
  8. mattyboy199

mattyboy199 Active Member

i would exchange the miltek if your interetsed ? my car is an 02 with similar mileage.
  9. WildBruce

WildBruce Third Gear

If the labour to return the car to original is not to high, then I would do that, and sell the mods on here, as whilst you wont get what you paid for them, you may get that little but extra.
  10. shrink_777

shrink_777 New Member

Yeah but only problem is I dont have original parts! unless I get people to swap and give me a little money on top? would that work you think??????
  11. Boro&Beth

Boro&Beth Member

That would depend if you had to pay someone to fit the OEM parts to yours. If not, i would defo consider swapping+cash.
  12. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

Id be happy to swap my OEM part(s) for the uprated one's plus alil cash.
    Were are you based?