Whats it worth?

funkycat

Reaction score
Hey folks

Have a look at the spec in my signature, 25,000 on clock, whats it worth?

Think I may need something bigger now I have fmaily in tow, a possible very reluctant sale. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Just one thing ..... whats the Reg? It helps

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if it's on an 04, nowhere near! more like 17k

July 04

2.0TDI Sports on dealer forecourts for £17,500-£18,000 with similar mileage, so would expect a little extra!

[ QUOTE ]
July 04

2.0TDI Sports on dealer forecourts for £17,500-£18,000 with similar mileage, so would expect a little extra!

[/ QUOTE ]

I go for 17k max.

BTW, i was offered 16k for my mint 2004 3.2 (Nov trade in), it had full leather, sunroof, bose, was ebony black, and had only trotted up 8k miles.
They are all fuks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Whatever you think your car is worth, knock 2k off.
Dealers were telling me that A3's were dropping £750 a month...
I reminded the fuk that he hadn't reduced his forecourt cars every month by £750.

Funkycat,

Had to be the bearer of bad news but Glass's Guide has your car down at £16,150 trade in @19K miles. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Most people think their car is worth more than it is. When I change my cars, usually at 3 years and around 54k miles I usually get about half it's purchase price as a trade-in. The trade-in is part the value of my car and part discount off the new car. Also, with many people, if they are buying a car for that sort of money, they prefer to buy from a dealer who will generally offer a warranty.

According to my dealer, extras, with the exception of pehaps air-con and leather, make little or no difference to the value, but are nice to have and may well make the car easier to sell. The car should also be clean and tidy inside and out and as near to a standard model as possible. He also said that colour can be an important factor.

£16150 at trade in, I am not trading it in, would be looking for something along stealer forecourt money.

You will often get more when your trading-in that for a private sale. Firstly a trade-in price often includes some discount from the new car and Secondly a buyer expects to pay less in a private sale that from a dealer as it's generally a greater risk on their part.

You have to be realistic mate, private sales will always achieve somewhere between forecourt and trade in prices. Just because a car is on a forecourt for 20k, doesn't mean it will fetch 20k, more like 19k.
And no one is going to buy your car privately for the same price as a dealer is advertising them for, unless it is very rare (ie: 997 porsche).
I don't blame you for not wanting to trade it mate, but the best weapon with private sales is patience, and at this time of year... your gonna need plenty!

I agree with LeMan. I work in vehicle finance and trust me, anything over 15k is hard to shift at the moment. I've got dealers that normally shift 15-20 cars a week tearing their hair out sweating that they aren't selling anything.

I also agree with the earlier comments about extras and residual values. My car is fully loaded and I know the second I drove off the forecourt they lost all their value, apart from maybe the satnav that will probably add £500 to the value when I come to sell it.

Some of my customers who are trying to get rid of cars have had them on Autotrader and other places with not a sniff of interest, even if they are advertised at a price you would expect them to move.

Funkycat, the realistic price to advertise your car at is £17.5k with a view to accepting £17k.

I sold my car exactly the same spec as yours with 12,000 miles on it back in February this year, mine was registered in July 04 and back at the start of the year there were hardly any S-lines available, there was only 7 on the Audi site at the time and none had any spec at all.
I got just over £20k for it then, I would think that you would get £17.5k absolute tops for it now, when was it registered, how much warranty is left?
Mine was just over 6 months old, yours could be 18 months old now.

[ QUOTE ]
would be looking for something along stealer forecourt money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Erm, you'll only get that if you own an Audi garage forecourt.
Stealer forecourt price is typically 15% over street price (private sale), so £17k is about right.

[ QUOTE ]
I sold my car exactly the same spec as yours with 12,000 miles on it back in February this year

[/ QUOTE ]

What did you sell it via?

I just sold my A3 to Stansted Audi, the guy I dealt with was helpful and even answered my emails, prv msg me and I will give you his name and number, cant guarantee anything but he offered me 750 quid more than Evans Halshaw did.....

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually sell my cars on ebay, but I sold the A3 through an advert on here or tyresmoke.

Ebay is great though, you can get a nice big ad up with everything you want to say and some decent photos. Put a BUY IT NOW only price but tick to option to accept offers, and make sure you include your email address and a phone number in the advert, people are more likely to drop you a quick mail than they are calling, it is a good way to start talking.

Also put an advert on autotrader online only, £15.99 and you add your own photos, plus you can put about 1000 words of text in, just sold our '54 plate A2 on there and had to call 7 people to say that the first person who saw it bought it.

Just make your advert look better than all the rest, and include all the details, and I mean all the deatails.

Good luck.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually sell my cars on ebay, but I sold the A3 through an advert on here or tyresmoke.

Ebay is great though, you can get a nice big ad up with everything you want to say and some decent photos. Put a BUY IT NOW only price but tick to option to accept offers, and make sure you include your email address and a phone number in the advert, people are more likely to drop you a quick mail than they are calling, it is a good way to start talking.

Also put an advert on autotrader online only, £15.99 and you add your own photos, plus you can put about 1000 words of text in, just sold our '54 plate A2 on there and had to call 7 people to say that the first person who saw it bought it.

Just make your advert look better than all the rest, and include all the details, and I mean all the deatails.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the advice. I never planned to have my A3 long, it's looking likely I'll be selling it in February so it will be still current plate. I got 4 months left to enjoy it.