1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whats it worth? turbo,

James TQ Feb 11, 2013

1. James TQ

James TQ Member

i bought it not so long ago from a guy who had it built from universal turbos, its a k03s with k04 internals, rated for 260bhp, it was built about 4 months ago and looks very very clean, no play in the shaft atall, i think it still has warenty, i will not be using this turbo as i need to get a new clutch cat back flywheel ect and cant afford to get it all done and need the money, what whould o be looking to ask for this? thanks

im going to call universal turbos tomorrow to get the date it was built if anyone is interested...

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  2. beachbuggy

beachbuggy Well-Known Member

I can't figure out what they've done here to build it! Its not a k04 comp housing . It looks like a k03s that had the silenced outlet chopped off and a k03 unsilenced welded on. Assuming you can get proof of warranty, age etc you might get around £300 but again without either a dyno print out or actual hard evidence it'll be hard to sell it. Shame you didn't have it running.

3. James TQ

James TQ Member

ahh well i think im going to get a invoice from them before i sell it i dont want to miss inform anyone, can i bolt it onto my a3 as is without a map i dont want to shread the clutch, or get a map with low boost?