1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's it worth? (not a for sale thread)

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by ccm1, Nov 4, 2011.

1. ccm1

ccm1 Member

[Nov 4, 2011]
    It's a '96, 2wd 'sport' model, covered 91k in it's time, AEB engine in very good running order. No MOT but 6 months remaining tax, needs a set of disks and pads, an exhaust flexi, and a weld on the sub-frame.

What's it worth as a going concern? What's it worth in bits.

Requests for parts on this thread will be ignored I'm afraid.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 27, 2014]

3. gen.heinz guderian

gen.heinz guderian Well-Known Member Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[Nov 4, 2011]
    As it is i would say scrap value 2-250 , as parts 5-600 max
  4. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Nov 4, 2011]
    To give you an idea, i've been watching ebay for the past month or so, as i'm looking for a 1.8T A4 as a donor for a project.

The cars i've been looking at are all pre-facelift, and i've seen fully working cars with not much MOT left sell for less than 500quid. Average condition fully working standard cars with some MOT and tax can go from anything between 450 and 750.

Parts prices vary a lot, and obviously it depends what you've got to sell. If its all standard parts then clearly your going to have to sell the stuff mega cheap to shift it as ebay is littered with breakers selling standard bits. Any nice parts (suspension, brakes, exhaust) will probably fetch decent money and sell quickly. But the rest of it you'll likely have to persevere with for a long time to get it shifted.

Plus location makes a big difference. Your in the sticks according to your profile, and that makes shifting big things (engine/transmission etc) kinda difficult!
  5. Foxmeister

Foxmeister Fired Up!

[Nov 7, 2011]
    Pssssstttt........Is this the for sale thread? How much for......:jester::undwech: