Whats involved (s line front bumper)

mark7

Reaction score
Hi all. thinking about changing the sport bumper on my 55 plate 2.0T to the s line type.
Just wondering if its a lot of work, and a difficult job? ie fixings in hidden places and hundreds of screws! Thanks

Hi all. thinking about changing the sport bumper on my 55 plate 2.0T to the s line type.
Just wondering if its a lot of work, and a difficult job? ie fixings in hidden places and hundreds of screws! Thanks

There are at least 2 very good guides on here, search for facelift bumper and you'll find them.

It doesn't involve a major amount of work. Hardest bit is finding the parts.

My advice would be, assuming you're going to need the bumper spraying, get the bodyshop to fit it.
When I did my sport to s-line conversion (see link in my sig) the cost of just spraying Vs spraying and fitting was the same.

i thought it was a straight swap. from single grille to single grill. twin grille is a bit harder.
Mine is the single grille, just wondered how much work is involved in swaping the bumpers over

I did twin grill to single grill S3 and its easy. Parts were hard to find at the time so fetched a premium then. The S Line single grill bumpers are cheaper then the S3 and between £55-£85. Depends where you get it sprayed but I didnt pay much but I was getting the rear bumper and bonnet done at the same time. Go for it, it really is easy. The hardest screws are ones that you can get to via the front wheel arches. There are quite a few underneath with the under tray and some at the top of the grill.