1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's involved in fitting the Relentless manifold?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Benjiman46, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Benjiman46

Benjiman46 R-Tech Terrorist

So I've recently received my shiny new relentless manifold.. And I'm wondering what the best way to go about fitting it is?

I'm thinking, charge pipe off and the red soft boost pipe off, cam cover off then set about the manifold bolts. I'm guessing with the design of it, and looking at it now, it bolts to the engine, then sits on top of the turbo?

I'd like to think that's all that's involved haha but as always with these things, it wont be haha

Cheers
  2. sandwich1987

sandwich1987 Member

I thought about fitting it with the head on...but soon realised its much easier with the head off plus you can get into all the nuts or most of them anyway...so realistically it's head off, subframe off driverside driveshaft. Easy to do but just time consuming.
  3. Benjiman46

So there's no way to do it with the head on from the engine bay? I REALLY REALLY don't want to take the head off lol
  4. sandwich1987

sandwich1987 Member

I think it could be possible with the head but tbh the amount of time saved pulling the head off will save you days of lying under the car, costs about 50 quid in head gaskets and new head bolts plus some timing belt parts if your due a change.
  5. badger5

badger5 RIP S3dave Site Sponsor

head off ftw.........
  6. liquids3

liquids3 Member

I did mine with the head on,but ended up moving the engine forward of the mountS,so there was enough room,id say now ive done it would have been easyer to take the head of.in fact i would'nt want to fit another one,not nice.
  7. Benjiman46

hmmmm :/ bugger lol might have to get Bill to do it then haha ;)
  8. liquids3

liquids3 Member

I would do mate,ive basicly rebuilt my whole car,but that was a *******,bill will love it.