What's everyones opinion of Redex Fuel Cleaners?

JB_A3_Turbo

Reaction score
I've used the standard Redex fuel treatment cleaner (the add straight to fuel tank method) in previous cars.

Do people consider worth using on a regular basis with fuel? Do people get better performance and economy through using it?

I'm thinking about running it through my 1999 Audi A3 1.8T to clean up the carbon deposits that build up over time to make sure I'm getting optimum perfomance!

I have used the STP multivalve cleaner and also the Injection cleaning fluid. Need to again soon. I do notice that the engine is slightly smoother after wards. I personally would recommend doing it. As long as it aint that octane up your bhp crap i hear that eats away at your valves and piping

Modern fuels have cleansers in them, so you shouldn't have to use these products.

I'm sure there was a post some time ago which said you shouldn't use it. I cant remember why exactly but you should investigate it further if you are thinking of using it.

Agreed... I wouldn't just bung it in and hope for the best. It used to work wonders at cleaning older carb.-engined cars that ran on leaded fuel but on todays cars I'd be a bit sceptical...

IMO, If your using decent petrol in the first place then there is no need. I always use Optimax and a mate who runs a garage has asked me to try a couple. The result? Not even the smallest difference.

'proper' petrol has detegents added to keep the engine cleaner, cheaper (supermarkets) petrol doesn't. People say that petrol is all the same etc. This is right, but its what they add that makes the difference.