What's everyone's favourite wax??

BennybS3

Reaction score
Just gauging interest really on what's everyone's opinion on their favourite wax? I use either autoglym HD wax or chemical guys lava all depending on what colour car it is :) I'll be interested in what people say if they have also used these products

Reactions: Scottyg
I have been using Collinite 915 Marque D'Elegance for the past four years on my A5. I do not have a bad thing to say about it. Lasts well and polishes off - easily when applied sparingly. Still got over half the tin left, which will no doubt last the lifetime of my next car.

I've been using Zymol Glasur for years.

However I bought some Soft 99 Fusso wax at Waxstock last weekend. I tried it on my wife's Mini which is lightening blue yesterday and I must say I'm more than impressed. Stunning gloss, real depth to the shine and the quality of the reflection is very mirror like.
Highly recommended.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
I use either autoglym HD wax or chemical guys lava all depending on what colour car it is :) I'll be interested in what people say if they have also used these products

I was going to go for the AG HD wax, but read a few reviews where people had switched over to the following with good results http://www.halfords.com/motoring-tr...ish-wax/farecla-g3-super-gloss-paste-wax-200g

I've been using it and it does the job well, nice and easy on and off to boot.

From my post after I did it:

beading-jpg.55068

4-jpg.54311

img_1708-jpg.57037

I was going to go for the AG HD wax, but read a few reviews where people had switched over to the following with good results http://www.halfords.com/motoring-tr...ish-wax/farecla-g3-super-gloss-paste-wax-200g

I've been using it and it does the job well, nice and easy on and off to boot.

From my post after I did it:

beading-jpg.55068

4-jpg.54311

img_1708-jpg.57037
That looks amazing mate :)

I'll be honest the HD wax isn't too bad think I like it as I get it a trade price

But with my sprint blue I prefer use my chemical guys lava as it brings out real depth and the shine of colour right out!!

Once car is back from garage I'm going be giving it a full detail and will post some pics up

I'll use whatever I have on my garage shelf! At the moment it's Megs NXT Liquid Wax. Who knows what will be next. Have a few other bits of Dodo Juice and Chemical Guys stuff but they have a car covering if that left.

Reactions: Bristle Hound
I prefer sealants because Im an auld man and cant be waxing all the time but still got Soft 99 fusso and Fk 1000 which I use now and again.

Raceglaze 55 has given me some great finishes, real depth and gloss but seems overlooked quite often as I'm not sure it has the longest durability. You can buy it in a panel pot for £6 so not a big expenditure just to try it out.

I've been using Zymol Glasur for years.

However I bought some Soft 99 Fusso wax at Waxstock last weekend. I tried it on my wife's Mini which is lightening blue yesterday and I must say I'm more than impressed. Stunning gloss, real depth to the shine and the quality of the reflection is very mirror like.
Highly recommended.

Two weeks later and the Mini is still gleaming, we were caught in heavy rain on the M1, but when we got home car was still looking like it was just polished, unbelievable. The way it repels water has to be seen to be believed.

For the money I cant believe there's anything on the market to compare.

Please stop thinking all car care products come fro Halfrauds. For goodness sake there's other stuff out there....... look at the site sponsor for instance.

Please stop thinking all car care products come fro Halfrauds. For goodness sake there's other stuff out there....... look at the site sponsor for instance.
^ This :thumbs up:

I've always found paste waxes so temporary (I previously used R222 Concours Carnauba Wax). Totally besotted with Sonax Xtreme Brilliant Shine Detailer at the moment. Extremely water repelling for (easily) 6+ months at a time and just adds a little extra pop to the gloss.

Reactions: jaykay8L
I have only used AG super resin and then gone over with AG HD wax and have always been quite pleased with the finish as the car is used every day but I feel I want a little more now.

I've always used Chemical Guys Blacklight on dark cars and I can't fault the stuff one bit.

Use Mer, bit old fashioned, but if it works well which it does, works out relatively cheap from Costco.
Also have remnants from Farecia, g3 paste, a light scratch compound and a swirl paste. All excellent to use (Expensive), only use on spot touches for the odd bird deposit. Not sure if their affiliated or not?

Just tried mothers California gold class hard wax easy to use good finish and not too expensive well impressed was using Meg gold class was never happy had to re wax every other week

I love this thread. Since "converting" to detailing 6 years ago I still haven't finished a pot of wax. They last for ages. :)

any waxes i should be looking to use on silver paintwork? most waxes im reading seem to be aimed at darker paint finishes, only one up to now ive seen is meguiars light wax.

any waxes i should be looking to use on silver paintwork? most waxes im reading seem to be aimed at darker paint finishes, only one up to now ive seen is meguiars light wax.
On silver you'd most likely be better with a sealant. Try Finish Kare 1000p.

Place looks like a nuthouse :) I dipped into halfords and bought some meguiars classic gold, must be alright, it is classic and gold so that had me....... I didn't want to pay £45 for a tub of autoglym when not waxed a car proper for 20 years or so..... Hopefully will come out ok.
Flipping heckers... Called gold class, not classic gold, I'm taking it back

Collinite 845 for winter protection - the bonus is you can use it on your wheels too.

Autoglym Rapid Aqua Wax for interim waxes - mainly because its quick to apply and it smells nice

Smells nice is my sort of newbie criteria, well played

Ha - I'm definitely in the newbie category but trying to learn as I go. The guy at work recommended Collinite 845 to me, so far so good.

You may joke on the smell but I had a sample wax which smelt strongly of licorice once, it was horrible. Autoglym Rapid Aqua Wax smells of bananas.

I covered the car in me guitars gold class and was fine, in my opinion anyhow. Looked proper waxed and rain beaded up like supposed too but two washes in was gone so now gonna dip into halfords and get a none liquid wax and see if that lasts longer than a week and a bit. Question, dependent on quality of wax of course, but for entry level solid waxes, how long I length of weeks or washes would you expect them to still bead and repell rain water? Cheers

Collinite 845, fk1000p and fusso are all good for durability, Collinite was still beading for me 6 weeks after an initial application and I washed the car most weeks. Something like autoglym aqua wax is good for interim wash/waxes as it only takes 10/15 minutes to apply.

I couldn't be ***** heading to halfords so slapped the meguiars gold on again. I'll see how it does this time. Slapped a good amount on so expect more than a week of goodness.

Just read through this thread and noticed not one person using Dodo Juice, I use light fantastic for light colours and purple Haze for darker paint jobs, really easy to use and lasts for months, also a little goes a long way. At £30 a tub it's not over the top but you know your getting a decent carnauba wax.

Remember it all comes down to what works for you, if your happy with what you use then keep using it, I for one will stick with the Dodo brand as it does the job for me.

I use dodo , Supernatural Hybrid at the moment . Tried most of there waxes on various cars, all with great results . Einzett glaze was awesome on my old black Vxr . Victoria Concourse was superb on my Silver one ..

Reactions: scotty76 and Myaudisline
Tried loads of dodo juice ESP back in the glass jar days and always loved it.
My fav so far is swissvax best of show.

Also well impressed with fusso soft99' dark and light

Another silver car here and doesn't matter which wax I use, the paintwork always looks the same.

Wife and daughter have black cars and a bit of waxing makes them look nice and glossy, whichever wax I use on them.