Whats causing this?

albgut1

Reaction score
Since yesterday our car (A4 Avant 96 P reg Automatic coz of wifey) started to have the following problem: From standstill in trafffic/on traffic lights or pulling out of junctions/roundabouts with the foot lightly/heavily on the gas pedal the car moves slowly then revs and jerkes forwards, after that it then drives smoothly with no jerks up to NSL speeds with the usual power. Usually when I'm driving it I just put the foot down at it lifts off pretty well but since this problem started I have to take off like a learner driver and its a bit dangerous at roundabouts and pulling out of junctions. So what could be the cause for this problem. Thanks in advance.

[ QUOTE ]
tranny fluid low?

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats what thouht too and today I took the car for a tranny fluid change at my local mechanic. The oil which came out was so dirty but with no metal filings.
He changed the filter and replaced the seal and put 5litres of tranny oil I got form the stealer at the recomended temp.
Took the car for a spin and it felt very good initially but there was a bit of revving which then become worse to like before the oil change. So what do I do next?

This is a long shot but how about the fuel temp sensor.

The sensor on my car packed up and so sometimes it didn't know if it was cold or not and over fuelled sometimes.

It was caused a ruff idle which when in drive made the car bounce forward rather than creep forward.