1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHAT'S ALL THE CLICKING ABOUT

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by nubian, Aug 16, 2012.

1. nubian

nubian New Member

[Aug 16, 2012]
    Hello

My 03 Cab 3.0 sport manual has been a brilliantly reliable vehicle from new but recently has developed a strange and worrying problem.

somewhere inside the driver side rear quarter panel around mid wheel arch emminates a strange clicking noise that never stops even when the car is stationary and parked and locked.

The noise sometimes becomes a buzz and then after sometime goes back to clicking which itself can increase in frequency or die away to 1 click every second or so.

The sound is kind of electromagnetic or similar to the noise that a solenoid or relay can make.

This doesn't seem to affect the roof operation in any way but I have noticed that on occasion the central Locking becomes non responsive and may not respond until I put the key in the ignition and switch the ignition on. This may be a red herring but I thought I would mention this just in case. No other symptoms have been noticed.

I wanted to pick the brains and experience of you fine Audi people before dragging my butt into a stealer for a fix.

Any advice gratefully recieved.

Thank you.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. jolly14

jolly14 Member

[Aug 16, 2012]
    I have a similar problem with my 1.8t sometimes it won't lock until i put the keys in the ignition. Would the clicking be a faulty alarm as the batteries can leak and cause a short which made mine make some very weird noises. Hope you get it sorted as these little things drive me mental ( i think i've got aspergers or something) :nyah:

Jay