What your option best chojces of tyre on a4 etc

Stu.Audi

Reaction score
As mine a a4 it is a big motor am bot sure what tyre I got as it brand new with the car when I brought it so I find it a bit slippy on rear same with front
Think it a budget tyre I got on

So am looking what best for wet road

Ta

If you are looking for a tyre that is great in the wet, you are not really going to get better than the Uniroyal Rainsport 2 or 3.

Michelin pilot sport 3s, Costco prices are good, they sometimes have deals on which make them very good value, 225/4018s for the Golf were just about £100 a corner when you took the £50 fuel voucher off, you even get a free nitrogen fill up, what good that does though?

Reactions: Stu.Audi
Michelin Pilot Sports 3's are good. I've got Continental Contact Sport 5P's on this time, and they are great so far. Camskill are the cheapest place to buy new tyres in the UK I have found.

Michelin pilot sport 3s, Costco prices are good, they sometimes have deals on which make them very good value, 225/4018s for the Golf were just about £100 a corner when you took the £50 fuel voucher off, you even get a free nitrogen fill up, what good that does though?
When you say Costco prices are good, I'm presuming you're a member. If so, are you able to look up likely prices for 235/40 18s? If they're better than Camskill, I might become a member myself.

Unfortunately no deals on just now, guy couldn't tell me when next one would be, they don't get any notice though, he said it could be next month, could be three months.
Michelin PS3s £152 inc vat and fitting.
Bridgestone Potenzas (they must have just started stocking these) £127 inc vat and fitting.

PS if you ever need a price from them just phone your nearest costco and ask for the tyre section, they don't ask if you are a member.

PPS camskill £93.50, even adding about £13 a corner for postage and fitting that's the cheapest I've seen Michelin PS3s, can't see them lasting long at that price, tempted to buy 4 and keep them in the hut.

Last edited:
Reactions: jdp1962
Got my Costco flyer today,
Buy 2 or more 17 or 18 tyres, claim £40 fuel card.
Buy 2 or more 19 and above, claim £60 fuel card.

Looks like the good old 4 for 3 deals are history.

Mind you, you can get 12 pot noodles for a fiver and 40 rolls of quilted loo roll for a tenner!

Last edited:
That's interesting. I've just agreed a deal with Elite Tyres in Rainham (the Essex one, not Kent) for a set of four Dunlop Sport Maxx RT for £552, plus a £40 fuel card. If they come in tomorrow, they should be on in time for a weekend trip down to the New Forest. If not, they'll get fitted on Tuesday.